Author: 茉莉儿

How should we punish the counterfeiters?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-3-12 00:14:17 |Display all floors
At first, copying things is the FASTEST START to economic growth. Only LATER is protection of "intellectual property" beneficial (when a "creative elite" has been developed by the general prosperity).
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-3-12 11:06:53 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2017-3-12 00:14
At first, copying things is the FASTEST START to economic growth. Only LATER is protection of "intel ...

Well, that is a little too apologist on behalf of China.

China has the world's largest domestic market and it has it overprotected. This has been going on for centuries, not just since 1949.

With such a big base of domestic consumers, why hasn't China ever taken off on its own???

The U.S.A. is the No. One not because it is the world's biggest market per se but it has created it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-12 19:09:31 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-3-12 11:06

China has the world's largest domestic m ...

You say:    "The U.S.A. is the No. One not because it is the world's biggest market per se but it has created it".

Not so ol'chap;   Today's America, (the name ‘America’ derives from the Latin version of the first name of the early explorer, Amerigo Vespucciby).  
The man responsible for naming the Americas is called Martin Waldseemuller.

Founded was North America through Colonization; including the Caribbean and offshore North Atlantic Islands during the period of 1492 to 1692. Members may descend from Spanish, English, French, Dutch, Scottish, Swedish, German, Danish, and Italian, explorers, settlers, and seamen transporting and supplying these colonists.

After the second WW2, after destruction of the beautiful and historic city of Dresden and other Cities,
German brain was brought to the US and the result are:
The U.S.A. is the No. One.
End of discussion ol'chap...

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-3-12 19:38:52 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2017-3-12 19:09
You say:    "The U.S.A. is the No. One not because it is the world's biggest market per se but it  ...

Sorry, silly girl: you got the wires crossed againb. Your "reply" belongs to some post about Herr Waldseemueller or maybe a reply to your boyfriend's suggestion of making that long-planned holiday cruise through the Caribbean... Will you spend some time in Panama or Venezuela?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-12 20:39:51 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-3-11 22:06

China has the world's largest domestic m ...

Until after Mao left power the huge domestic market included so many POOR that the effective consumer demand was insufficient. Plus, Mao didn't run a rational economy. Now, the UNDERLYING REASON for the unpreparedness of China to COMPETE with the European rational capitalist economy was a lack of open-mindedness in the Manchu dynasty and the failure of Sun Yat Sen to "westernize" China like the Japs did.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-13 16:53:06 |Display all floors
Consumers should also be responsible for the rampancy of fake goods. Where there is demand, there is supply. Buying fake goods should be criminal offence in some countries.  For example, in France and Italy, the penalty for purchasing a counterfeit item can be as much as 300,000 euros and, in France, even jail time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-13 17:12:10 |Display all floors
This post was edited by parcher at 2017-3-13 17:16

I am guilty of buying fakes myself in the past, but I no longer give these crooks anymore of my money...
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.