Author: 茉莉儿

For or Against? Food Safety Crime Should be Incorporated into Criminal Law   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-3-11 22:42:25 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2017-3-10 19:21
I think for deliberately using dangerous additives such as melamine in milk or other major examples  ...

Melamine was first used in milk in US within recommendations by FDA.
However, it was used in above recommendations in China.
Probably, it is too difficult to check.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-12 19:55:33 |Display all floors
As was pointed out by others, it is far too difficult to truthfully dentify everyone who has hands in dirty play like this. As was said, it could be government officials who fail to do their duty of supervision, and some even may have family members or friends running the whole business.

In China it is impossible to get clear picture with all the dirty details in cases like this.

China should make its legal and supervisory system much more transparent, before it can make foreign media and viewers to understand why death sentences are used for crimes like this.

Unlike my home country as state, I personally would condone death sentences for certain crimes, but the guilty party and all partners in crime must be clearly identified, and transparent process must be followed.

As long as China fails in that, I cannot condone any death sentences in the country, for any crimes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-12 21:06:00 |Display all floors
I oppose all capital punishment. It has not been shown to be an effective deterrent. It sends a bad moral message to children (That it is acceptable for the Strong (Judge) to kill the Weak (Helpless convicted Criminal). And mistakes are made in the justice system.
Without World Government we are DOOMED.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-3-13 14:38:31 |Display all floors
GhostBuster Post time: 2017-3-11 22:42
Melamine was first used in milk in US within recommendations by FDA.
However, it was used in above ...

Slightly incorrect. Melamine is banned as a food additive in the USA and in most countries, however it's used as a liner in some food drums etc so there is a very slight chance of contamination.  

It's a very simple test to check for melamine and other contaminants.  Most regulatory labs have the facilities.  The allowed level is 1 ppm (part per million) and several scientists still consider that too high.

Source of the actual current levels permitted:
https://web.archive.org/web/2008 ... 000803_FORTUNE5.htm
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-13 14:50:03 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-3-12 19:55
As was pointed out by others, it is far too difficult to truthfully dentify everyone who has hands i ...

Perhaps, one should realize that it is human being not Chinese.
Not every human being could resist temptation. Greed may be absented but could be exhibited in any other form. Weakness exists.
Unfortunately, unless internal and external audit along with unannounced spot check may help reduce or contain the problem, perhaps round the clock audio video surveillance and record could assist and ensure that occurrence is drastically reduced!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-13 14:54:59 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2017-3-12 21:06
I oppose all capital punishment. It has not been shown to be an effective deterrent. It sends a bad  ...

To a limited extent, your posting contents did reflected what was correct and effective in imperial China.
One emperor bestowed clemency and magnanimity to criminals, inclusive of those to be executed during Spring Fest. Great opposition befell upon him, but his order was carried. Much to the surprise of his subjects, all the criminals decided to turn over a new leaf. Strange! It happened!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-13 14:56:55 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-3-12 19:55
As was pointed out by others, it is far too difficult to truthfully dentify everyone who has hands i ...

Please note that it is used today in US.
In limited quantities and exceed will be punished by law.
This is there the difference is!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.