Views: 1314|Replies: 24

If Chinese avoid repeating, what great change would take place? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-3-7 16:07:56 |Display all floors
When I read an English textbook or dictionary, I do enjoy foreigners' good habit:they always try to avoid repeating!  In this way, foreign friends say fresh words for their idea who refuse to waste time on repeating and the audience enjoy the 'speech' as if in music!

On the contrary, we fellow Chinese have spent a lot of time on repetition:
1) Parents force their kids to recite ancient poems although the little children are too young to fully understand the difficult texts!;
2)In maths class, pupils are aske to do countless sums about the same formula like a machine;
3)In language class, the teacher often ask his students to recite some so-called good texts who seldom encourage children to tell the same story in their own words!
4) We have notice that our TV-news-program has improved a lot since President Xi took office because the announcers speaking style has changed a lot who act as your neighbors!

The examination-oriented education mood forces teachers and students spend too much energy on memorizing others‘ words that is so awful for the children‘s long-time growth!

Here, I think 'repetition' is the terrible enemy for our education!
The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-7 16:36:46 |Display all floors
It is human inborn instinct to do exploring work to some new field. Few people like stay in the same place for long time. Your interesting words without any repetition sound like great tour to the audience!
Schooling work goes in language and we do job like climbing ladder and it would be a joke if you raise yourself up and down on the tool for the whole morning!  I mean that we must climb higher and higher or from one stairs to another!

Avoiding repeating is a big challenge for Chinese. But we must get rid of the bad custom if we want to make progress as foreigners in new era!    

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-7 16:56:18 |Display all floors
Some of my colleagues thought I was bold to advise the government to rewrite the Xin-hua Chinese dictionary. But I still stick to my point of view!  Foreigners have many sayings about one same concept and the colorful thinking way is very good for kids to form innovation ability!  ---------I think the future western-style Chinese dictionary will set a good example for the publication of other ordinary textbooks since advanced writing-method will benefit our nation as well as the whole world since foreigners will easily learn the spirit of our ancestors‘ thought!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-7 17:11:13 |Display all floors
When you dance, your action ought to response to music. It is not good to copy other's dance without knowing the true meaning of the body language. It is hard to say you really love music you are always good at performing others' work!

Let's speak our own words on what you have seen, you are seeing and what you will visit!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-7 17:17:53 |Display all floors
Ask yourself where should this tremendous job start from?  Be mindful & practical other than just yelling out your propaganda...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-7 17:36:37 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-3-7 17:17
Ask yourself where should this tremendous job start from?  Be mindful & practical other than just ye ...

We Chinese must admit other nations' strong points and then learn from them. Everyone get ready for the challenge from now on.

Here I want to point out the situation does not allowe us to ignore the difference on writing-style! We must do something positive for the change for our nation!  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-7 17:56:55 |Display all floors
书读百遍,其义自见。-------Read the text for dozens of times then you will get its real meaning (no matter how hard it is)!

The above is a popular idiom that Chinese teachers use encourage kids on reading.  --------But it may sound strange to foreigners since every English text goes in easy way that is a piece of cake even for young readers!

Teachers must tell stories in plain words in simple way!

Professor Yu-dan explained the difficult ancient poems with her vivid self-written programs.
Her teaching was a great success to some middle school students but the job was refused by the Peking university ones since they thought the stories were too shallow to explain the true meaning of the old works!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.