Author: linda_sun

Should the Spring Festival holiday be extended to 15 days?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-3-8 14:46:34 |Display all floors
As a retailer in Canada, I would haveto say that this is not a good idea without some thought put into how to keep international trade flowing smoothly. Since China is,for lack of a better term, the world's "factory floor", the shutdown during the Spring festival brings a certain amount of disruption for businesses around the world. Not only do businesses have to wait until the current Festival ends, for production to begin again, they must also wait a further two weeks for that production to get caught up with the current world demand for goods. This not only puts a strain on businesses, but it also puts a strain on the Chinese worker, who has to double, or even quadruple the output to make up for the lost production time.

If the Spring festival holiday was doubled to 15 days, the stress on Chinese workers would be incredible. Instead of taking 2 weeks to catch up with international orders, it would take a month, or more.

Do you really want the manufacturing sector to turn into the world's biggest Foxconn?
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-8 15:16:35 |Display all floors
why not let them take their holidays when ever they want like in other countries?
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-3-8 16:35:18 |Display all floors
Cdogg Post time: 2017-3-8 11:51

Thanks

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-9 08:00:07 |Display all floors
Yeah right! Why not extend the holiday to 365 days a year and get the full benefit to the economy of not working.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-9 09:52:06 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-3-8 15:16
why not let them take their holidays when ever they want like in other countries?

ahh that is a great question!!
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-9 09:53:28 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2017-3-8 14:46
As a retailer in Canada, I would haveto say that this is not a good idea without some thought put in ...

Would it be possible to order larger quantities, in preparation of the Chinese New Year?
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-9 14:40:49 |Display all floors
I remembered when I was an employee I look forward to all holidays. Once I become my own boss, I work during holidays.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.