Views: 583|Replies: 5

教师 = teacher ? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-3-4 20:31:27 |Display all floors
In Chinese, 教师(jiao-shi)means 'teacher'.  How to understand the two words?

孝 has many meanings but here it should be 'imitate'; the right part of 教 is the simple form of 文 which looks like a man with thin waist! -------So 教 is a person who is worth for you to learn from!

师 is the simplified from 師,which first part might comes from 自(self). (Please read my last thread for its explaination.) -------- But here the left component of 師 should symbols a man who is so modest that he can learn a lot things and put them into the heart! ----------since ancient Chinese thought that the function of heart is to think. Then what is the last part of 師?  That is metal money? No, it should be bamboo-made book which every ‘page’ likes ancient metal money!---------師 represents a man with a book!

In primary school, my teacher told me the first part of 师 is ‘vertical knife(刀)'
But I could hardly connect ‘knife’ with ‘teacher’ since the later is not a butcher!Now I think that this ‘knife’ comes from 川 (river)which middle part is water and the remaining are the banks. --------So 师 shows a man who looks like 'book-river'!??(Someone has read so many books that they are enough to fill up one river!----------Sounds strange?

The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-13 10:03:39 |Display all floors
You speak very well, now the general shape of Chinese actually also does not have the thorough research, is a direct relationship with the "equal to", the following is my understanding, is the translation website, hope to be able to help you.

"师", not only "teacher" means, but also the meaning of learning

No management is on the left side of the "刀" (with knife type Chinese ancient currency), or on the right side of the "帀", you can understand the meaning of money.

That is to say, learning knowledge is wealth

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-13 17:47:06 |Display all floors
meDavid Post time: 2017-3-13 10:03
You speak very well, now the general shape of Chinese actually also does not have the thorough resea ...

Thanks for your reaction that is so funny! But here I think it is reasonable to take the first part of 师 as 'man'!  Now, let me show you another character 帥(that is the former form form of 帅.)  The second part of 帥 is a piece of cloth (banner or flag).  帥 or 帅 means 'commander‘ who used  a baner to command his soldiers in the war.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-14 11:23:12 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2017-3-13 17:47
Thanks for your reaction that is so funny! But here I think it is reasonable to take the first par ...

For this period, because my English level is not high, understanding may not be complete

But I can tell you how a modern Chinese people remember Chinese characters

First, we look at the shape of the Chinese character, and the teacher teaches us the meaning of the Chinese character

The teacher will guide us, which part of the Chinese characters like something, so that the meaning and shape are linked

But the "like something", it is not necessarily true that the character was originally described

Because with the advance of history, the shape of the Chinese characters are also changing, even the meaning of Chinese characters have changed

We are not attached to the original

"a logical solution" is enough

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-1 17:21:30 |Display all floors
meDavid Post time: 2017-3-14 11:23
For this period, because my English level is not high, understanding may not be complete

But I c ...

Nice comment!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-9 20:33:03 |Display all floors
as a Chinese,i don't know so much about  a single  word

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.