Author: wuzheyuamily

Study shows chewing food has significant health benefits [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-3-5 11:34:51 |Display all floors
This must be news to 1.3 billion Chinese but it is known to most people living in the West.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-3-5 11:43:24 |Display all floors
I have often bemoaned the fact that rice in China is tasteless, watery, unsalted. Do you know that the Chinese are doing themselves no favour by eating so much rice? It is bad for their teeth, their breath and digestion.
I understand why Chinese learnt to brush their teeth as early as the Tang era. But their teeth have not become any better over the last 1200 years.  Nor their health.

In the U.S.A. people eat Uncle Ben's rice, which, o matter how you prepare it, always is a little what the Italians call "al dente" (your teeth have to do some work). If Chinese ate brown rice they would kill several birds with one grain of rice: eating healthier, eating to chew, and eating a tastier rice.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-3-5 13:53:06 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2017-3-5 10:14
but was all but destroyed during the CR.

That's why I sat 1949

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-9 10:53:25 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-10 22:47:52 |Display all floors
Chewing enlarges food surface area for contact with enzymes.
It reduces food sizes, too.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.