Author: ceciliazhang

Why is there no toilet paper in public toilets?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-3-3 08:16:02 |Display all floors
RENREW Post time: 2017-3-3 07:41
Now you can just rent one and if you do like the uneducated just throw it into the river when your ...

Yeah, three strike you're out... or in this case three bikes you're out.  My first bike here was similar to the one I had back in the States, a mid-range Giant mountain bike (pretty decent actually)... the next was a cheaper no-name brand... and last was a cheaper yet no-name brand... the flippin' chain and lock cost about as much as the bike.  During the fifty years I lived in the States, never had anything stolen.  I remember a time when you could leave your bike on the porch overnight, car unlocked, house unlocked... of course that was a different time and era... you couldn't do that today (in most areas).  Yeah, I've seen those rental bikes in our town... too bad people are too lazy and inconsiderate to return them.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. — Bob Dylan

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-3-3 13:32:48 |Display all floors
Shameless, selfish slobs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-3 13:35:13 |Display all floors
1105852048 Post time: 2017-3-3 04:38
Some time ago I made an experiment with or about toilet paper:
went to a MacDonald's and put in one  ...

I have a modified version of YOUR idea:

Put a roll of USED toilet paper up for reuse and see how long it takes to be gone...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-3 17:16:21 |Display all floors
Responsible and considerate social behaviour is taking a long time for Chinese people to develop. Their history has taught them to take what they can, when they can. Public places are not their concern. So they will steal toilet paper. Slowly and in time, they will learn better behaviour and their example will be followed by future children.... but social change is very slow.
English teacher and education adviser. China needs a teaching profession with less fear and more trust and honesty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-3 20:38:55 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-3-3 18:37
You people are absurd with today's reality.  Im going to talk to my friends about your obsolete conc ...

Here is another "obsolete concept" for you to implement/remember: when you board the U.S.-bound airplane at Pudong Airport, make sure before you pass through immigration that you hae enough toilet paper to take with you to the U.S.A. In the U.S.A. you will not find toilet paper to steal so easily.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-4 05:30:08 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-3-3 18:37
You people are absurd with today's reality.  Im going to talk to my friends about your obsolete conc ...

Go for it! We will talk about you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-4 05:41:39 |Display all floors
well surprise surprise,, i think we all actually knew this was happening.    But why in fact does it mainly happen only in china? that is the question here??

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.