Author: linda_sun

Britain to provide £1.3BN fund to help elderly in China?   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2017-2-15 07:36:08 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2017-2-14 22:21
No chance in hell, turn down? I have not known anyone to turn down money.........Why did the gov o ...

Did they not turn down aide after the Sichuan earthquake ?
I am sure they did
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-2-15 09:57:48 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2017-2-14 22:21
No chance in hell, turn down? I have not known anyone to turn down money.........Why did the gov o ...

It makes zero sense to rational citizens but let us never forget that those who rules u are not as sane as we are. They follow their very private logic and rationales.

I amn sure the idea was concocted with a secrtet clause in mind that benefits the U.K. as follows: we give you one billion Pounds for your poor old, and you accept 5 million of our destitute retirees. They are no longer welcome in Spain and Greece or elsewhere in the E.U.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-15 13:03:03 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-2-15 07:36
I am sure they did

The UK sent 1 million pounds and a medical team. I believe that the offer of a search and rescue team was turned down.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-15 18:40:00 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2017-2-15 14:40
parcher Post time: 2017-2-15 03:36
I am sure they did

You are correct about that! They refused men on ground
I'd imagine accepting this money showed greed. Or common sense .......

UK is foolish for offering this cash, the Chinese exercised common sense in accepting. A case of pound foolish here methinks. Or grandstanding
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2017-2-15 19:55:12 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2017-2-15 18:40
You are correct about that! They refused men on ground
I'd imagine accepting this money showed gree ...

Possibly greed, but definitely foolish from the PM...
I don't know what she is expecting to achieve by doing this....
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-2-15 20:33:42 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-2-15 19:55
Possibly greed, but definitely foolish from the PM...
I don't know what she is expecting to achiev ...

Apart from the nbot so reliable DAILY MAIL, have you seen this news in other British publications?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2017-2-15 21:04:03 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-2-15 20:33
Apart from the nbot so reliable DAILY MAIL, have you seen this news in other British publications? ...

I have not checked to be honest, but we give 0.7 % of gross national income on foreign aide. Only 6 countries met the UN defined 0.7 %, which were Holland, Denmark, Luxembourg, Norway and Sweden.
Countries such as india, Pakistan and China have money to waste on space programmes, so I can think of better countries to give aide to. I don't know where it all goes but the UN will probably take the bulk

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.