Author: linda_sun

Should housewives be paid for their work? [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-2-9 10:03:35 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2017-2-9 05:03
Marriage/partnerships are a joint thing and there are roles my Wife just takes on board and does,  ...

You have to agree that if society and the economy demand that wives take pat in generating national income then they deserve to be remunerated. that should include pay for work out of house, which results in the husband taking over some o the work in-house. Some men may prefer - and their wives agree - to leave domestic chores to the care of their wives. I know these are few in the West but they are far more numerous in China. Men like to show off their ability to raise money for the whole family. If they so deprive their wives of a stable income of their own, why shouldn't their husbands pay them a salary?

However, I don't see where the state or the law should come into the picture...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-9 11:24:37 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-2-8 19:33
As a matter of fact, I do happen to know an old lady with just basic education. She is unable tore ...

Well if the OP asks if Chinese housewives should be paid, then I would probably agree, but no way western housewives
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-2-9 14:25:56 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-2-9 11:24
Well if the OP asks if Chinese housewives should be paid, then I would probably agree, but no way  ...

I agree with you but I do not think all Chinese housewives deserve to be paid. Many do - like the elderly woman mentioned by me before. I also note the occasional young woman willing to get married so she can stop earing a living. I knew for example a 28-year-old woman with a college degree who was chasing US. American men until a man twice her age showed up and divorced his own wife to marry her. She dreamed of a baby from him and the job of a housewife and mother. I do not now if it worked out fine for both of them6.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-17 14:33:31 |Display all floors
Let me analyze then revert on this topic, which is more than difficult to answer.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-17 14:35:21 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2017-2-8 05:32
My wife gets paid every day in fact every moment she gets to worship me as she cooks and cleans

Good to know that!
Does male donimance work well?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-3-17 14:45:53 |Display all floors
GhostBuster Post time: 2017-3-17 14:35
Good to know that!
Does male donimance work well?

A good Chinese wife does as she is told

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-17 15:18:40 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2017-3-17 14:45
A good Chinese wife does as she is told

Well, once a man was told the following.
Chinese food is most delicious, so have a Chinese wife to do the cooking.
English house is the best, so have an English wife for a nice home.
French art of intimacy is top best, so have a French wife for good intimate activities.
Japanese obedience is known world wide, so have a Japanese wife for good family cohesiveness.
Italian shoes are most comfortable, so have an Italian wife for good shoes
Leave the weekends to find out others, please do not tell them.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.