Author: linda_sun

Should housewives be paid for their work? [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-2-8 18:51:31 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2017-2-8 18:49
Mine loves to cook she currently in the kitchen baking bread rolls

Yeah, so you managed to impose your food choices? I do not know any other Chinese woman who can make bread. In point of fact, I have never seen a Chinese woman who enjoys work in the kitchen.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-8 18:56:04 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-2-8 17:39
Don't be surprised if Briton is the 1st country to suggest this....
probably Hariot Harmon or ge ...

I do hae some sympathies for housewives who do not qualify for retirement benefits as a result of a lifelong dedication to their husband's homes. O course, housewives who never made money outside their husbands' homes are vulnerable. Therefore a woman should make an educated decision: housewife if my husband contributes to my retirement insurance. Or pat-time housewifing along with paid work that earns me my rightful pension.

In CHINA, however, I am constantly stunned by highly educated (whatever that means in China...) women with husband who do not work but do lead an easy life They don't mind being a trophy woman though their husbands may one day regret having married becaue if such a woman divorces her husband he will lose big time.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-2-8 18:57:38 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-2-8 18:51
Yeah, so you managed to impose your food choices? I do not know any other Chinese woman who can ma ...

That's a little arrogant to say I imposed my food choices onto my wife our choice of food styles is greatly varied tomorrow lunch is sushi with dinner is vegetarian wraps for dinner

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-8 19:02:31 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2017-2-8 18:57
That's a little arrogant to say I imposed my food choices onto my wife our choice of food styles i ...

Well, most Chinese housewives serve rice three times a day. If the side dishes vary a little you are lucky.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-8 19:12:45 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-2-8 18:56
I do hae some sympathies for housewives who do not qualify for retirement benefits as a result  ...

I am sure every housewives  get an allowance from their husbands every month which will cover all the bills and money for herself as well. She could easily set up her own private pension for the future!!
There is no need to be a house wife all their lives, unless their husbands do not want them to work of course.
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-8 19:24:13 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-2-8 18:56
I do hae some sympathies for housewives who do not qualify for retirement benefits as a result  ...

I knew one house wife during my younger golfing days that played golf 3 times a week, and virtually enjoyed a stress free life. Sure she cleaned the house, but wore expensive clothes and drove a flashy sports car. I have no doubt she wasted a ton of money during her house wife days, because she ended up getting a divorce, and is now working full time back at my local town. She probably did not think this day would come but her husbands business hit hard times, and they divorced...
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-8 19:28:09 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-2-8 19:24
I knew one house wife during my younger golfing days that played golf 3 times a week, and virtuall ...

Well, if the husband agrees that his wife act as a housewife and can play golf on three days a week I won't blame the woman...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.