Views: 1550|Replies: 41

Should housewives be paid for their work? [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-2-7 17:03:09 |Display all floors
2.jpg

It is not an easy job for women to be housewives. They need to take care of the house, the family and the children. Their work is equivalent to a cook as they have to cook for the family, a teacher when they teach their children, a nurse when their children are sick, a driver to send their children to school and many more just to take care of the household. Although being assigned with various work, they don't get paid at all. Worse,  they don't get the recognition they deserve and the society look down upon them. Should housewives be paid for their work? Will the payment of a salary elevate the role of the housewife and make it more worthy of social recognition?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-7 18:02:14 |Display all floors
Ridiculous question. Should housewives be paid for taking care of their children that they brought in to this world? they should cherish every minute of it, not asking for money!!
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-7 21:02:05 |Display all floors
I don't think they should be paid...I don't think it is an job or occupation.They are doing the household duties for themselves and the families.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-2-8 05:32:53 |Display all floors
My wife gets paid every day in fact every moment she gets to worship me as she cooks and cleans

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2017-2-8 06:05:41 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2017-2-8 05:32
My wife gets paid every day in fact every moment she gets to worship me as she cooks and cleans

While you watch TV and post on here

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-2-8 08:19:35 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2017-2-8 06:05
While you watch TV and post on here

Yup the Chinese make great wives

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-2-8 12:35:44 |Display all floors
A low level Sugar Baby makes at least $3000 a month. Don't most people have cleaners to do a lot of the housework these days? Wouldn't it be more sensible to get your wife a cleaner and a cook and a maid and a nanny? If you can't afford them then that's probably why you have a wife that is willing to do that stuff. You can get au pairs very cheap in Australia.

It is not all that hard to put some clothes in washing machine then drier, do some dishes and vacuum/mop a floor. You could probably do it and have a job as well. How much appreciation do Oprah Winfrey fans want for doing housework anyway? Fair enough if they are feeling unfulfilled but underappreciated? What do they want? A medal? Applause? It is housework.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.