Author: linda_sun

Should parents arrange dates for children?   [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-2-8 11:15:49 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2017-2-8 10:31
Too long

I watched a Zach Braff movie with that chick that was called The Last Kiss. She liked Zach Braff. When I watched the movie the ending really bothered me and I got the feeling that it had been rewritten. I googled it and it had been rewritten. It is actually an Italian movie that Americans remade and of course they had to give it an American ending which ruins the entire thing. Not that it is great anyway but still.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-2-8 14:52:04 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2017-2-7 17:09
My dad does want me to get married. He would have been happy if I married that chick. edit - I just ...

Maybe it's because your dad wants you to become a responsible productive member of society instead of a dole bludging s!@#.  "Donkey Kong" haha, dreaming again are you? more like micro mouse.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-2-8 14:57:18 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2017-2-8 11:15
I watched a Zach Braff movie with that chick that was called The Last Kiss. She liked Zach Braff.  ...

Nothing orginal comes out of Hollywood

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-2-8 14:59:18 |Display all floors
A couple of 30 something Chinese women I know had this issue over the just passed Spring Festival. In both cases the end result was massive verbal brawls with their family and in one case the woman concerned returned back to the city she works in from her hometown and is refusing to speak to her parents.  

While the parents may mean well it's not appreciated when they tell their daughters that you're too old to get a good man, or that you have to take on any guy who wants you. In the words of the other friend "Why the F**k should I get married to a guy who has half my education, who has nothing in common with me and whom I can't stand the sight of".  

Parents should IMHO pull their horns in and let their kids find their own partner if that's what they want, or remain single, after all it's the children's life, not theirs.  
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-8 15:25:30 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2017-2-8 14:59
A couple of 30 something Chinese women I know had this issue over the just passed Spring Festival. I ...

Pretty much sums it up...
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-2-8 16:56:26 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2017-2-8 14:52
Maybe it's because your dad wants you to become a responsible productive member of society instead ...

'Its on like Donkey Kong' is something that the kids say. This girl was a lot younger than me and I made fun of her for saying 'coolio' I think. And I threw in some 'Its on like Donkey Kong' humour. This girl was a bit younger than me you see. So the Donkey Kong thing was not her complimenting my penis exactly, it was call back humour flirting. This girl was way too nice. And a Donkey Kong Jnr joke would have been funnier.

And I was being productive at the time pumping petrol. People can't pump petrol themselves you know.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.