Author: Maxwell996

what influence does the language of English bring you ?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-2-6 11:25:31 |Display all floors
Language is tool for thinking that can represent one nation's civilization! English has melted too much wisdom from so many countries that has played an important role for human progress since it is smart tool for our work with high efficiency.  I appreciate her neat way to express my idea with definite meaning. As an English lover, I would like put more Chinese language spirit into the ocean of English!At the same time, I will do my best to let more fellow Chinese citizens know the advantage of English and learn from it!
The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-6 12:02:28 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2017-2-6 11:25
Language is tool for thinking that can represent one nation's civilization! English has melted too m ...

English will broaden our horizon if we could utilize it well
The darkest hour is that before the dawn.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-6 16:45:18 |Display all floors
I can learn many different cultures through English, and I can talk with people who come from different countries.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-6 20:56:34 |Display all floors
Examples of Language clarify:(1)Fiscal  = 财政 = Steuerlichen ; (2)Secretary of State = 国务卿= Aussenminister
(3) Actuarial = 精算= Versicherungsmathematisch
Words (1), (2) and (3) in English and Chinese make you none the wiser what they actually mean, checking them up in a dictionary. The German equivalents of (1); (2) and (3), and are  very clear even to a beginner. They respectively mean "tax related"; "foreign minister"; " insurance mathematics".
German precision beats both English and Chinese. Thats my personal opinion anyway.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-6 21:57:17 |Display all floors
bingbingbing Post time: 2017-2-6 16:45
I can learn many different cultures through English, and I can talk with people who come from differ ...

the key to open another world for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-6 22:01:24 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Maxwell996 at 2017-2-6 22:02
ngajia Post time: 2017-2-6 20:56
Examples of Language clarify:(1)Fiscal  = 财政 = Steuerlichen ; (2)Secretary of State = 国务卿 ...

I am a layman in German,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-6 22:28:40 |Display all floors
Maxwell996 Post time: 2017-2-6 21:57
the key to open another world for you

That's true!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.