Author: linda_sun

What future does the Chinese language have?   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-2-3 14:25:06 |Display all floors
1105852048 Post time: 2017-2-3 03:48
Sounds interesting. Let us - you and me - take a trip there. Whaddya say?

I can hardly save myself from the mob of nubile female forumites...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-4 16:26:30 |Display all floors
GhostBuster Post time: 2017-2-1 15:37
Learning Chinese has showered upon me too many advantages. Due to its form of writing, one could lea ...

Almost each Chinese character is one picture that is worth one thousand English words! I have some blogs and threads on such topic and I wish they would be helpful for your interest on our mother-language!
The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-4 16:33:54 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2017-2-4 16:26
Almost each Chinese character is one picture that is worth one thousand English words! I have some ...

To me, I learnt Chinese and English at about the same time. It was difficult because of my dialetic speaking environment. At times, expression did made understanding less easy. Fortunately, with the Internet, interactive along with audio pronunication was less difficult. Recitation helps. Writing is still less easy due to the way an expression in English may not have close parallel. Hope you could help out on this aspect. Thank you!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-4 16:54:01 |Display all floors
GhostBuster Post time: 2017-2-4 16:33
To me, I learnt Chinese and English at about the same time. It was difficult because of my dialeti ...

YOU are doing magic job on the two languages and you will benefit from them. I appreciate the English way to express my idea although Chinese is my mother-language!
Go ahead!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-4 20:13:59 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2017-2-4 16:26
Almost each Chinese character is one picture that is worth one thousand English words! I have some ...

Your threads are really interesting!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-4 23:16:57 |Display all floors
Sallywrj Post time: 2017-2-4 20:13
Your threads are really interesting!

Thanks for your warmth!I wish so!
Some of my fellow Chinese friends think  our national culture is so rich and deep that it is not easy for us to introduce it to the world!
On one hand, our traditional thinking way is different from foreign one!  You can see that through the different explainings to the same words by the dictionaries of different nations!
On the other hand, Chinese scholars may offer you different sayings about the same poem even to an ordinary text that may  puzzle me  for a long time!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-12 11:15:18 |Display all floors
"On one hand, our traditional thinking way is different from foreign one!  You can see that through the different explainings to the same words by the dictionaries of different nations!"

You have made me think about different English translations I have seen of classical Chinese works such as the Dao De Jing.  The fact that they are so different shows the difficulty of translating classical Chinese thought into a western language.  I think that I will write a blog comparing different translations of, say, a sample of the Dao De Jing.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.