Views: 3337|Replies: 52

China to Beat West in Making First Real Robot Human   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-1-27 13:29:31 |Display all floors
This post was edited by China1West2 at 2017-1-27 13:46

Scientists would have to create a general intelligence model "g" in a computer, assuming it does not already exist.  "G" is just the hardware, independent of the software (emotional/behavioral software).  Without the behavioral software, the "g" would just sit there doing absolutely nothing; there would no behavioral programs telling the "g" what to do.  Just ask a person using an SSRI drug who is experiencing the side-effect of Flat Affect how his "g" stops being used because the SSRI is dampening the behavioral software.  

So, the question is, can a super-computer be equivalent to human "g"?  You have all the RAM and CPUs in it, but what is missing is the behavioral software.  If such programs are written, then the super-computer would also have "feelings."

Does "pain" exist?  No.  Only the behavioral manifestations of "pain" exists: neutralizing the source of pain, screaming, asking for help, trying to cure yourself if injury accompanies it, etc.  But there is no "pain" in the absolute sense.  It's just a subjective experience, the same type of subjective experience a super-computer would have provided it had "g" and equivalent behavioral programs.  

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-1-28 06:19:10 |Display all floors
Keep dreaming about war ghost

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-1-30 07:02:09 |Display all floors
I don't think China can do this.  West is too awesome and will beat China in making first real human robot.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-1-30 09:49:16 |Display all floors
The last thing that the world needs is a self aware machine with emotional and behavioural software. But if anybody is stupid enough to develop such a computer I would place my money on the American military or the Japanese being first. Warfare without remorse and responsibility would not be good news.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-1-30 11:07:04 |Display all floors
It is very true.  But I like to buy robots to drive & do heavy duties for me & be my fun puppy as well:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-1-30 12:08:08 |Display all floors
Froster Post time: 2017-1-30 07:02
I don't think China can do this.  West is too awesome and will beat China in making first real human ...

It's already been done

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-1-30 12:09:12 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2017-1-30 09:49
The last thing that the world needs is a self aware machine with emotional and behavioural software. ...

I would not be suprised if it is not already here

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.