Author: Maxwell996

Who Should Be Responsible For Leftover Women   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-1-28 03:39:23 |Display all floors
allnightlong Post time: 2017-1-27 22:13
I want a farther for a child not live alone with one

Fair enough children are very full on, be careful not to lie to them as my ex-wife found out they hate her for all the lies she told them about me

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-1-28 20:18:26 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-1-28 02:06
You should be a demon.  We are not in the same category as you.

why
The darkest hour is that before the dawn.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-1-30 04:38:52 |Display all floors
More like around 25 they're expected to be firmly rooted in a career/family/world -- Chinese "Adults" have no time to be adventurous; they have too many responsibilities.

The very young have the desire to change the world, but no power. Adults have the power, but no desire (and the elderly have neither). Adolescence is that brief window where power and ambition overlapped with a social title calling them "Leftovers" and making their parents worry about their own selfishly comfortable retirement package.Think of it like... in the USA, our cultural story is about rugged individualism. You're supposed to grow up, thank your parents, and make your own way in the world. (Think of all the newsprint spent on millennials! Moving back in with their parents! What is the world coming to!?!?)

In Asia, it's pretty common for adult children to live with their parents up until marriage. And it's emphasized how much they owe their parents for raising and supporting them. The kids are supposed to feel grateful, and should strive to do whatever they can to pay the parents back. For women, this generally involves getting married, moving in with the husband, and having babies. Not only has she stopped being a burden on her parents, but she's continued the family line. Plus, when the parents are old, they can move back in with their kids and the kids take care of them.

That's the traditional way, anyway. Things are changing a lot in China right now, as evidenced in the individual thinking kids we see running around China nowadays.
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!  Rated R, Parental Guidance Suggested....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-4 20:10:57 |Display all floors
Donald_Trump Post time: 2017-1-30 04:38
More like around 25 they're expected to be firmly rooted in a career/family/world -- Chinese "Adults ...

think of all the 'bare branches', or single men in China.
they are really being 'unfilial' by being unmarried.
Yet it is the fault of single women, not the one child policy that caused the imbalance, that these men are still single.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-4 20:39:53 |Display all floors
DMZappa Post time: 2017-1-23 23:15
I like leftovers. They taste better with time.

yep

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-4 20:40:45 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2017-1-27 03:36
Why do you need a husband?

why then you need a Chinese wife with a kid on top....?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-2-5 06:44:12 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2017-2-4 20:40
why then you need a Chinese wife with a kid on top....?

My kids are adults

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.