Author: 1584austin

Trump Mocked around the World   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-8-10 11:10:33 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2017-8-10 09:18
In an election it is not uncommon for disgruntled voters to abstain. Regardless of that it is no ...

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-8-10 11:52:59 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2017-8-10 10:11
The USA could do itself a big favour if they got rid of the presidency as it is simply a vehicle t ...

I completely agree.
The U.S. presidency is a show for entertainment. The most captivating time is when a new president is being sought.
To some extent, this is true of the French and Italian presidencies as well.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-8-10 11:56:21 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2017-8-10 08:48
No.  I'm saying half the country did note vote for him.  There was a large percentage of people wh ...

If people abstained from voting then they show their own immaturity. You mustn't just mind your own personal business and spring into voting action only once every four years and then expect to get a perfect man or a perfect woman for the nation's top job. All the citizens owe it to their nation to take a more direct interest in running the nation. If anything, your failure proves that democracy does not work in the U.S.A. It should be abolished.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-10 11:57:55 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2017-8-10 09:28
It would of been the same if Clinton won.  At least the same as far as the division in this countr ...
Hell...if we had any standards, both Hillary and Trump would of been disqualified for even running.

I think that you are somewhat overoptimistic. Presidential candidates are not selected by the voters but by a body of interests who find someone that they think that the majority of voters will identify with/accept and who, if elected, will govern largely as directed. Calibre of candidate as a president is largely irrelevant whereas public image is high priority even if the image has to be manufactured.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-10 12:00:18 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-8-10 11:52
I completely agree.
The U.S. presidency is a show for entertainment. The most captivating time is ...
The most captivating time is when a new president is being sought.

Or being pilloried by the press, the CIA and the FBI while being laughed at by the watching world.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-11 12:23:22 |Display all floors
Offend his manhood and there will be trouble...
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-8-11 13:35:48 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-8-11 12:23
Offend his manhood and there will be trouble...

I expect that he has a comb over for that as well
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.