Views: 3621|Replies: 40

Trump running Ad's asking for people to attend his inauguration [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2017-1-18 19:05:16 |Display all floors

With only a few days left before he takes office, Donald Trump is running ads on Facebook to invite attendees to the upcoming inauguration.

The President-elect will assume his seat at the Resolute desk in the White House Oval Office with one of the lowest favourability ratings among an incoming US leader. According to an ABC News/Washington Post poll, only 40 per cent of Americans view the New York real estate mogul positively – that is 21 per cent below President Obama’s outgoing rating.

“The inauguration is our moment in American history, and I want you to be with me on inauguration day,” Mr Trump said in a Facebook video. “It’s going to be so exciting.”

Tonight Show staffer Marina Cockenberg noticed that the Facebook ads were targeted to New Yorkers over the age of 27.

As Mr Trump – who also failed to secure the popular vote – struggles to have entertainers agree to perform, the Department of Homeland Security expects up to 900,000 people to arrive in Washington during inauguration week – about half the number of people who went to Mr Obama’s ceremony in 2009. But a significant portion of those are likely to be protesting the minority President-elect’s administration.

The estimations indicate that Mr Trump lied yet again in an interview with the New York Times.

“We are going to have an unbelievable, perhaps record-setting turnout for the inauguration, and there will be plenty of movie and entertainment stars,” he said, despite even a Bruce Springsteen cover band turning down the opportunity to perform.

“All the dress shops are sold out in Washington. It’s hard to find a great dress for this inauguration.”

Mr Trump appears to have pulled the anecdote about dress shops from thin air. According to Washington retailers, big and small, there is a veritable surplus of ball gowns in the nation’s capitol.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-1-18 21:33:42 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-1-18 20:05
I did apply for on-line position in his new government in November without any feedback, so I know i ...

this man allows do crazy things.

I also that he touch women when they don't want and he is president it is easy not to understand how he can be that

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-1-18 22:51:50 |Display all floors
I will be fascinated to watch the US attempts to adapt to the problem of this most-unsuitable President. Can the society and political establishment "rise above" the need to rely on an "authority figure" like the President? A culture should be independent of individuals.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-1-18 22:58:03 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-1-18 21:48
I think Bill Clinton is more like a'dark horse' in that aspect.  My gut feeling to someone like Trum ...

My gut feeling is he is exactly as rude and lewd and he appears.

He is racist and he is sexist.

He is soiling the office of presidency.  

The fact that so many americans can over-look his sexism and racism scares the hell out of me.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-1-18 22:59:46 |Display all floors
Its hilarious to see all the entertainers turning down performing at his inauguration.  

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-1-20 23:57:23 |Display all floors
Something that's been on my mind, recently I heard Obama say, Trump not taking his daily briefings is like flying blind . When Obama took over for Bush, I wrote that it was like Obama taking over a plane that was nose diving about to crash . I can only feel sorry for Trump, I know the Kingdom of the Lord is near, only thing that matters is our souls .

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-1-21 09:39:56 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-1-18 20:05
I did apply for on-line position in his new government in November without any feedback, so I know i ...

You have to ask yourself why

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.