Author: Sallywrj

[Cross-culture marriage] Will you choose to marry a foreigner?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-1-15 17:48:57 |Display all floors
Give and take is the answer...
meeting half way, and not demanding your own way all the time..
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-1-15 17:49:24 |Display all floors
I am American and my wife is a very traditional Chinese woman... one who describes herself as a "simple peasant girl".  We live in a small town and she grew up in a rural setting outside of the town.  We are, I guess you could say, elderly. We were together for a year before we got married.  We've been married 10 years now.  There absolutely are cultural differences.  Which we both respect.  Since we live in China, obviously I've had a lot of learning to do... and she had a lot of teaching to do.  I'm thankful she is a patient and tolerant woman.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. — Bob Dylan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-1-15 18:44:53 |Display all floors
mbursian Post time: 2017-1-15 17:49
I am American and my wife is a very traditional Chinese woman... one who describes herself as a "sim ...

That's so  Sweet !  Thankyou for  sharing with  me (。・ω・。)ノ♡ Best wishes to  you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-1-15 23:41:43 |Display all floors
My wife is Chinese and there were cultural differences. I'm 62 she is 53. She is a very traditional lady. The more I learned the more Chinese thinking made sense. I wish I had meet her twenty years ago. We hold hand were ever we go.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-1-16 07:12:42 |Display all floors
I married a foreigner and it has been a wonderful and interesting life together. Sure, we come from different cultures, but we both have learned a lot, and it continues. One must be open-minded and tolerant, but many people just cannot do this... as is shown on this thread.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-1-17 12:23:00 |Display all floors
might as well have a try! I've thought it for a long time!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-1-27 22:46:21 |Display all floors
The right person and not matter about foreigner or not.

But depends on skin colour

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.