Views: 1178|Replies: 5

Are you satisfied with Chinese ticket buying environment? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-1-8 16:02:56 |Display all floors
u=4040336456,295071344&fm=23&gp=0.jpg

Chines people are already rushing to buy tickets home. According to CCTV, over 2.97 billion journeys are expected to be made over a 40-day period in 2017. And more than 350 million rail journeys are expected starting January 13th.
What's interesting is that even with this fierce competition of getting a ticket, in a recent survey, over half of respondents are saying they are satisfied with the current ticket booking system. So I'm curious is it convenient for foreigners in Beijing to buy China train ticket in Chunyun?Share with me

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-1-9 03:40:04 |Display all floors
NOT convenient at all and a 'real pain...'!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-1-9 10:28:08 |Display all floors
It's not convenient for foreigners... foreigners cannot use automated systems, but buy tickets in person and are usually pushed and shoved out of the way by those that cannot comprehend the concept of queuing in lines.  A couple of years ago I darned near broke someone's arm who thrust it in front of my face and tried to push me out of way while I was at the ticket window buying a ticket. I lifted the SOB right off the ground.  After spending HOURS in a clusterfuc* of a line, continually being shoved out of the way, being pushed back and cut in front of, my nice-guy demeanor gave way to a nasty side.

You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. — Bob Dylan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-1-9 10:42:25 |Display all floors
This post was edited by teatree16 at 2017-1-11 08:08

vp

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-1-9 17:15:28 |Display all floors
"Convenient" seems to be one of those mystery words allChinese totally MISunderstand even as they use it very often or even routinely.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-8 21:43:46 |Display all floors
I often buy tickets online. But the train station in Xi'an is super small!!!! And there are so many people waiting in the line!!! Everytime I get there very early to wait in the line.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.