Author: Carole66

I want to travel   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-12-31 21:22:17 |Display all floors
Three days ago I was traveling from Yuanmou to Kunmin in Yunnan and I met a cyclist biking solo. We fell into talking and I found out he is from Scotland and for the last three months he has been biking up from Singapore, through the Malay Peninsula, Thailand, Myanmar, and he is now in Yunnan. He plans to bike up to Lanzhou, Gansu, and then follow the old Silk Road west back to Europe. Now, that's some traveling.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-12-31 21:41:31 |Display all floors
Chengking Post time: 2016-12-31 21:22
Three days ago I was traveling from Yuanmou to Kunmin in Yunnan and I met a cyclist biking solo. We  ...

That's cool.  What an adventure!
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. — Bob Dylan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-12-31 21:46:57 |Display all floors
Carole66 Post time: 2016-12-31 19:58
I can't come sorry

That's quite all right.  Perhaps some day you can.  Get out there and explore where you can... make some adventures, friends and memories!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-12-31 21:52:06 |Display all floors
mbursian Post time: 2016-12-31 21:41
That's cool.  What an adventure!

Yeah, it all sounded quite cool, but there is also a rough side to the story. The poor guy has been having the runs the whole day plus a puncture in each tire already.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-12-31 22:04:19 |Display all floors
Chengking Post time: 2016-12-31 21:52
Yeah, it all sounded quite cool, but there is also a rough side to the story. The poor guy has bee ...

That's a real bummer... but these are things that add to the adventure to make it memorable.  Flat tires I could deal with... the runs, well that's really inconvenient!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-1-1 04:03:47 |Display all floors
mbursian Post time: 2016-12-31 11:21
If I were to put my traveling shoes on again, I would return to Germany, Switzerland and Austria for ...

Munich is shit. I am sat here at my brother's place regretting my rash visit....

Germany, Switzerland, Austria? What are you, a jew? Absolutely bereft of fun these countries.

I'd go to Spain, Italy, France and maybe Hungary.....Vaci Ut is endlessly fun. hell might even roll into Romania
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-1-1 12:52:06 |Display all floors
Chengking Post time: 2016-12-31 21:22
Three days ago I was traveling from Yuanmou to Kunmin in Yunnan and I met a cyclist biking solo. We  ...

I met a German inside Tibet who was biking from China all the way to India.

On another occasion, I met three German artesans in their oldish German guild costumes travelling in China and looking to put their professional skills to some test and getting a written confirmation. I didn't know this was still custom in Germany where in the historic past young men with a skill used to be itinierants selling their services until some Meister hired them for good. These Germans combined their travelling with the hope - a tad too optimistic! - to get temporary jobs en route.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.