Author: dragon8

Not Global Warming - Volcanoes Under The Arctic Ice [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-11-24 22:12:51 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-11-20 22:24
Blame it on volcanoes - those that are spewing out hot lava in certain Western think tanks...

The latest for the crackpots is that man is not responsible, the sun is getting hotter.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-11-25 04:28:53 |Display all floors
Saul Post time: 2017-11-24 22:12
The latest for the crackpots is that man is not responsible, the sun is getting hotter.

These crackpots get paid fat salaries by their think tanks such as Climate Depot which in turn receive money from interested industries such as oil producers, car makers and so on.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-27 06:34:43 |Display all floors
Obviously, volcanoes and forest fires, will have an impact on the climate. That is indisputable, but likewise, power generation of any sort other than through renewable forms of energy, will have an impact on ambient temperature. The human race is constantly releasing huge amounts of energy into the atmosphere, using fossil fuels or nuclear power generation. The heat produced does not go away.... only some of it can escape out into space. Most of it remains in the atmosphere and raises the temperature. The more we progress the greater the problem.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-27 13:46:16 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2017-11-27 06:34
Obviously, volcanoes and forest fires, will have an impact on the climate. That is indisputable, but ...

re:  volcanoes and forest fires, will have an impact on the climate. That is indisputable, but likewise, power generation of any sort other than through renewable forms of energy, will have an impact on ambient temperature.

I'd be the last one to disagree with you on that subject...

However; there are certain members within this forum which only blame Asians to destroy the world.  
They bedevil N/Korea for trying to protect their Country from another Western regime change.
In my opinion,...
  they have every right to be as nuclear powered as Israel.

Because, ANY one foolish enough to attack Israel will be whipped from the face of this (our)  world by their Protectionist...

Them, they would be the last NATION in this world of ours to require nukes...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-11-28 00:03:05 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2017-11-27 13:46
re:  volcanoes and forest fires, will have an impact on the climate. That is indisputable, but lik ...

My thoughts on nuclear weapons are well known through past comments. They are immoral and I can see no justification for their possession. Having said that I can only cast my vote against nuclear weapons in my country. I can only hope that other people, in other countries, will see the dangers of possessing such destructive power, and opt to do the same. It is not for me to tell them to do so, however.

I am also a pacifist, who abhors war and conflict. There are no winners in war, only destruction and suffering.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.