Author: petera

Putting Things in Perspective   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-4-9 23:13:02 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2017-4-9 22:58
Probably yes.

And that is what is scary about that kind of thinking.

Mob mentality and mob rule.

I had a psychology professor that put it like this.  He used an example from parenting experiences, but its somewhat applicable here.  He said if there is only one boy - you have a boy.  Two boys and then you have half a boy,  a group of boys and you have no boy.   Very simplistic way of putting it.  But does bring it home (at least for me) of how the group influences our own ethics.  If we are alone, we operate by our own standards of right and wrong.  But in a group - we more likely will accept the opinion of the group even if it conflict with our own personal ethics.  The more people believe in something, the more it must be 'right'.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-9 23:18:50 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2017-4-9 10:13
And that is what is scary about that kind of thinking.

Mob mentality and mob rule.

But this tendency to be influenced by the group is also valuable because it permits coordination of efforts within the group. "Society" is based on it. It does not HAVE to lead to mob mentality.
Without World Government we are DOOMED.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-9 23:37:27 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2017-4-9 23:18
But this tendency to be influenced by the group is also valuable because it permits coordination o ...

True.

There is just always the danger of infecting group thought.  As long as that is recognized and guarded against, than you can beat the negative influences of group thought.

I have been thinking a lot about the Trump supporters and alt-right conservatism in general.  I used to think this group was all motivated by hatred (bigotry, misogyny, etc).  But I'm slowly gaining a new perspective.   I think it may have more to do with a general mistrust of human nature.  Seeing everyone as basically bad - guilty until proven innocent.

If you think everyone is basically bad (except for the people who have proven themselves to be good) - than all their positions make sense.  Why help the poor if they are basically bad people?  Why help immigrants if they are bad?  Why care about black lives matter when no lives matter?  Every life can be potentially taken if they become a threat, and since everyone is basically bad, everyone is a potential threat.  So buy more guns to 'protect' yourself from all the bad people.

But is the root cause hate or despair?  Is it possible the root cause of all the pessimism is earned?  What do we emphasize in our media?  Are we contributing to the idea that people should fear others?  And if so, how do you turn that around?  How do you emphasize bringing out the good in society?  

How do you restore faith in humanity?

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-10 06:35:16 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2017-4-9 10:37
True.

There is just always the danger of infecting group thought.  As long as that is recognized  ...

It's not very helpful; but I think "faith in humanity" is caused only by having parents who loved and cared for you. The raising of children is the most important function of humans. I suspect that most bigotry is caused by cruel parenting.
Without World Government we are DOOMED.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 5 DayEarlier |Display all floors
Good Things

One of the reasons the Chosen stay in control despite all the terrible things they do to the biosphere and to their fellow men is because they do come up with good stuff or what appears as good stuff. Modern medicine for instance. Admittedly I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for modern medicine. They have provided a level of stability and security to the gentile sheeple, or at least to some segments of mankind. Pax Judaica. The sheeple go along because of this apparent security and because of the incessant propaganda and because their masters are in control of powerful police forces.
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 5 DayEarlier |Display all floors
petera Post time: 2017-5-18 06:59
Good Things

One of the reasons the Chosen stay in control despite all the terrible things they do t ...

for ordinary folks, without spending years among the Chosen it is almost impossible to comprehend what you on about.

However, you are dead on.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.