Author: Thunder4

Why China Can't Innovate   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-11-19 07:04:05 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2016-11-18 13:30
While China may not be inundated with brilliant people the talent that she has created appears to  ...

agreed

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-19 08:14:14 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2016-11-19 04:14
Thunder4 Post time: 2016-11-16 20:37
Despite their higher average IQ ...

rub bish rub bish non sense
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-19 09:35:45 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-11-19 05:20
Don't you think China needs talent that can design soft cultural products, make China an altogethe ...

Chinese talents certainly have scope for becoming more diverse. The USA have won out because their economy and lifestyle bleeds other countries of talent.

With regards to the roads, no amount of design is going to cope with the ever expanding traffic. In Chengdu we don't just have 12 lane highways and underground parking as now we have double decker roads. It is past time that the time authorities need to address addressed the number of cars by restricting them rather than trying to accommodate them. Apparently about 750,000 new cars are registered every year in Chengdu in a city of about 10 million people.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-19 09:37:59 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-11-19 05:16
Why do you say "...mch to your disgust..."?

You have on a number of occasions expressed your disgust about China in Africa.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-19 09:43:37 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-11-19 05:11
I know a good deal about Chinese engineering in Africa; the first railway built by China was in  ...

A seller of donuts is only interested in making a profit and isn't expected to concern themselves in the health choices of his customers. A seller of cars is also only interested in making a profit regardless of whether the customer can afford the repayments or kills himself driving it. Why should China be expected to any different?
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-19 13:26:54 |Display all floors
Young innovative minds are buried in quick profit driven environment. Don't you see producing fake things to make profit, gambling in stock market or commodities etc....?
A system that cannot nip greed in the bud, this system becomes the breeding ground of crime.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-11-19 16:20:20 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2016-11-19 09:35
Chinese talents certainly have scope for becoming more diverse. The USA have won out because their ...

To  whom were you tellingthat the US. is bleeding other countries for "talents"? I was the first in this Forum to tell JFenix that this attitude of all Anglo nations is wrong, immoral and costly for the developing world. I worked inthe field of Western developing aid to Third World countries before. Where i worked and lived at that time the prevailing philosophy wasto "help them to help themselves", i.e.to empoy educated Africans and Asians as seeds to bring their own countries to fruition. Europe has trained and eucated thousands of professionals from these countries and made them go home to bring their knowhow back to their home countries. Unfortunately, the New World nations are poaching these professionals off and thus create a vacuum.

However, no matter how much talent is cultivated in China, very little of it really migrates to foreign nations. Have you eer heard of Chinese pioneers? Chinese bridge builderrs? Chinese star architects (other than I.M. Pei!)?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.