Author: samlam

Drinking Tea   [Copy link] 中文

CD top contributor in April

Post time 2016-11-15 15:31:24 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2016-11-14 16:10
We have a life time of tea in our home, we don't need to grow tea

Right. We have a life time to drink tea, but not everyone knows how to enjoy good tea.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-15 15:42:08 |Display all floors
samlam Post time: 2016-11-15 14:38
Another way to keep healthy.

I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2016-11-15 16:10:40 |Display all floors
samlam Post time: 2016-11-15 15:31
Right. We have a life time to drink tea, but not everyone knows how to enjoy good tea.

I grew up drinking tea I know how to enjoy the drink

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-16 01:03:21 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 1105852048 at 2016-11-16 01:04
samlam Post time: 2016-11-15 15:12
I know some about it. When making teas most of people like putting teas into pot and keep it boile ...

Thank you for this detailed description about 'how-to". It seems I have been doing it right all along, even though my friends think I fuss too much. However, what matters to me is that I enjoy this 'ceremony'. It has a calming effect on me after a hectic day.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-11-16 06:20:49 |Display all floors
"How do you enjoy tea? Could you talk something about the process to drink tea?"

Yes, I can talk about the process of drinking tea.

The most elaborate, entertaining and tradition-laden form of drinking tea involves the use of a fork and a knife.

You also need to drink the tea from a flat-bottomed plate

The most acrobatically challenging part of drinking tea is when your left hand dips into the tea on the plate while your right hand leads the knife across the path of the fork as it tries to pick up tea. Lift your fork and drop the few drops of tea into your mouth. The quicker you work the hotter the tea stays.

If you can drink 0.18 liter of tea that way in under 30 seconds you are a tea-drinking Olympian.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-16 06:28:29 |Display all floors
samlam Post time: 2016-11-15 15:12
I know some about it. When making teas most of people like putting teas into pot and keep it boile ...

I can tell you why tea does not always taste right: people do indeed raise the temperature of the water too high. Boiling water is one thing but making tea is not the same as boiling water: the tea leaes must be added after the water has boiled. Tea leaves release their most wanted flavours at temperatures above 82 to 0 degrees centigrade.

Several years ago I visited the inventor of the coffee capsules in Switzerland. He was at that time launching his latest invention, a tea machine similar to his famous coffee capsule machine. He explained to me that each tea gives off its finest under its own ideal temperature. His machine was sold to a Chinese company in Shanghai and they eventually marketed it worldwide. The name of that contraption was Tpress.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-16 06:30:33 |Display all floors
samlam Post time: 2016-11-15 15:31

In my childhood there existed TEA ROOMS in the West but when I came to China I found no places dedicated to serving tea as a cult drink - except perhaps in Chengdu.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.