Author: samlam

Drinking Tea   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-11-14 22:58:06 |Display all floors
before I came to the south, specifically Guang Dong,I almost didn't drink any tea, the way people in the north prepare tea is very simple, just placing tea in the cup and pouring hot water into it, the tea in the cup normally last one whole day without being changed, and in particular women like to put in extra chinese herbs like 菊花/胖大海 together with tea.

until now I can't forget how my father filled 60% of his cup with tea and the water tastes like chinese medicine, of course back then my father bought the lowest grade of tea, normally you couldn't taste anything other than bitterness. but I guess that's what people like my father ever knew about tea, they must have thought tea should taste like that.

then I came to the south, people here take tea much more seriously, they got sophisticated  tools and special procedures to prepare tea, and almost each time I go to visit our suppliers or other business partners, they will entertain us with this type of tea which I later knew as Gong Fu tea.

The tea thus prepared smelled and tasted much better than those I knew in the north, of course I know it's just that they use better tea, not related to the tools or procedures. also I'm not very accustomed to the fact they don't use those disposable cups, which I feel are better in the sense of hygiene.

and there is news recently saying Gong Fu tea is drunk hot, which might cause cancer in the throat and as evidence people in Chao Shan area of Guang Dong tend to have a higher rate of throat cancer.

personally I don't care how tea is prepared, I never use Gong Fu Tea myself which is too complicated for me, but there is still one element I borrowed from it: I use normal cup but with net, so I can pour the 1st round of water out without geting out the tea, then I drink from the 2nd cup. this is to get rid of the toxics or heavy metal which is said to have been attached to the tea leaves when they were produced.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-15 07:41:06 |Display all floors
It seems to me that you know quite a bit about how to make and drink tea. Please, enlighten us...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-15 11:57:08 |Display all floors
lemon, honey, ginger, not tea. Use water. Tastes better and is healthier.
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

CD top contributor in April

Post time 2016-11-15 14:38:08 |Display all floors
Cdogg Post time: 2016-11-15 11:57
lemon, honey, ginger, not tea. Use water. Tastes better and is healthier.

Another way to keep healthy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-15 15:08:00 |Display all floors
I prefer tea to coffee...
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-15 15:12:20 |Display all floors
1105852048 Post time: 2016-11-15 07:41
It seems to me that you know quite a bit about how to make and drink tea. Please, enlighten us...{:1 ...

I know some about it. When making teas most of people like putting teas into pot and keep it boiled too long. You will find it a bit bitter.  It is not a good way to get good tea. The proper way is as followings.
          Before making tea, you should get good teas, black tea or green tea, and surely, you should have a tea set. When making tea, get boiling water and take a small pack of tea and put teas into the teapot. It will take you several seconds to water the teas in the pot. Do not drink the teas in the first round. Then making in the second round. Pay attention to the time to soak the tea. 10 to 15 seconds is enough and quickly get the tea out of the pot. You will find it freigrant and nice. Usually, you can make it the fourth round to fifth round. It depends.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-15 15:19:55 |Display all floors
shengshi Post time: 2016-11-14 17:46
The Cantonese restaurants should add seives in the teapots. In that way the tea leaves will not soak ...

Right. You see that not only restaurants in Guangdong but in many other parts of China offer teas when having meals. It is not a good way to enjoy good tea.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.