Author: sunnylin01

Terracotta Warriors, an inspiration from ancient Greeks? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-10-21 10:49:57 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-10-21 10:12
Post II to Tubo Pope:

Don't talk about Greece and its civilisation; you enjoy its contributions t ...

Greece  was backwardness and looser country since ancient times and still to present days it's have no resources no GDP even Sudan is richer than  thatGreece

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-10-21 12:53:22 |Display all floors
TurbinePower Post time: 2016-10-21 10:49
Greece  was backwardness and looser country since ancient times and still to present days it's hav ...

Didn't you claim you to be "educated" and "intelligent"?

If you stand by that self-characterisation you have to retract this post. If you want to be known as the poster who says Grece was "backward" in antiquity you are unintelligent and uneducated.

You can't have it both ways.

The Greeks produced the most inventions and contributions per capita to world civilisation of all peoples.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-10-21 12:57:00 |Display all floors
TurbinePower Post time: 2016-10-21 10:49
Greece  was backwardness and looser country since ancient times and still to present days it's hav ...

There is a sliver of truth in your derogatory post: the Greeks don't have resources in the poor soil of their homeland, but thehy more than made up in antiquity by being creative. The Greeks had to work extra hard to survive; they had to turn to industry and trade to employ the surplus of their people in ancient times. That is why the Greeks are renowned even today as shrewd business people; less well known is that they invented so many things. Look up who invented the world's first computer... more than 2000 years ago. It was the Greeks. The computer wsas found at Antikhera. Of course, it was not a computer such as your Apple. But it was a most wonderful and accurate calculating device.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-10-21 13:03:51 |Display all floors
TurbinePower Post time: 2016-10-20 19:33
You ancestors were butt naked while the Chinese already worn the silk clothes. you ancestors did i ...

You are dumber than a stalactite.

Chinese commoners  never wore silk until the 20th century. Silk was known in pre-China days only to the monarchs and some mandarins; the ordinary Huaxia probably shared the same clothes depending on who had to go out into the public.

If you want to know about European clothes, learn where flax was used to weave into dresses. You can also do some online reading on Oetzi the Alp Mummy. Oetzi was a European who died ca. 5300 years ago after being shot by a dart while crossing the Alps. His clothes have ben meticulously investigated and researched. It is amazing how modern the EUropeans were so many millennia ago.

And for your information: Oetzi received acupuncture long before Chinese medics started plaguing their patients with golden needles.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-10-21 13:07:10 |Display all floors
TurbinePower Post time: 2016-10-20 19:33
You ancestors were butt naked while the Chinese already worn the silk clothes. you ancestors did i ...

Ah, the Insignificant Other knows that Anatolia is in "Asia"

Again, you are totally uninformed.

The West is not confined to Europe; it encompasses Anatolia, the Caucfasus - both in "Asia" - and other parts.
Europe was colonised by peoples coming from Sumer, Iran, Caucasus, Anatolia, the Levant.

WHen you use the word "Asia" you are using an originally GREEK name that applied only to Anatolia and the region that is today called "Syria" and "Lebanon".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-10-21 13:11:18 |Display all floors
TurbinePower Post time: 2016-10-21 09:39
The truth hurts huh. The Anglo western red like you and Dusty like claims that  you guys invented ...

My first reply was filtered out, and I have no idea why. I merely confronted your lies with facts.

WIthout the Greeks modern maths would not be taught around the world. The Greeks did not invent algebra but they were the cleverest at that time in working with algebraic formulae. The Greeks and the Egyptians were soulmates in transmitting ancient knowledge to us, along with the Indians.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-10-21 13:25:01 |Display all floors
This post was edited by TurbinePower at 2016-10-21 13:28
dseneca Post time: 2016-10-21 13:11
My first reply was filtered out, and I have no idea why. I merely confronted your lies with fact ...

Greece copied cat from Egypt tian and Persia, ottoman Turk. Greece are poor dirt is because in the gene with 30% unemployment rate god knows what I mean....

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.