Views: 5874|Replies: 4

What is the meaning of the idiom 秋高气爽? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-9-14 21:19:10 |Display all floors
As the Mid-Autumn Festival comes near, the cool  air let think of a popular phrase 秋高气爽。
秋(qiu)---------Autumn;
高(gao)----------high;
气(qi)---------gas or air
爽(shuang)----------letting you feel ‘cool’.
秋高---------the sky in Autumn looks higher than in Summer! ---------Why?  When Autumn comes,we would see less water steam in the air compared with that in Summer AND it seems that the roof of the globe (sky)looks higher than normal since the air is more transparent with bright sunlight!
气爽---------the right part of 吃(eating)looks like your opening mouth plus the stomach, so the middle part of 气 (一)seems like air-gas passing through above the toung that would reach the lungs! -------------it is interesting if you write the special 'yi’ in the following form “....”that looks more like the molecules of air!
The character 爽 is also funny! ----------大 symbols a person who stretch out his or her arms and legs; The remaining part is composed with four crosses that seems like the two lungs in the chest! -----------How do your lungs feel when you take in cool  air if you have heard a good news? ----------very 'happy, comfortable or satisfied' and so on!

So the whole phrase means that “The sky in the Autumn looks higher with bright sunshine and you feel pleasant from the top to the bottom! ”
The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-14 22:43:03 |Display all floors
For further explaining to the idiom:

The left part of 秋 is 禾(he)which means 'crops-plant';   the remaining half part is 火(huo)'fire'  which top looks like flame! ------------It is only in Autumn that you could see crops are as red as fire since they are going to be ripe! OR they are ready for you to use fire cooking for food! ------------So in my eyes the single character 秋 is a beautiful harvesting landscape painting that I can see out of my window since it is the Mid-Autumn Festival!

高 ---------the two ‘口’means ‘mouth’ or ‘one person’.  ---------One man lives in the house while another man is on its roof with a cap on head, or the two men live in different caves of the mountain and they at different levels!

-----------Another understanding is: The first man with a noble hat on the head who rides on the top of the second person!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-14 22:43:40 |Display all floors
Sorry for the error of the word 'tongue':
气 (一)seems like air-gas passing through above the toung that would.....
                                                                      the tongue  ........

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-14 22:59:35 |Display all floors
For further explaining to the idiom:
The left part of 秋 is 禾(he)which means 'crops-plant';   the remaining half part is 火(huo)'fire'  which top looks like flame! ------------It is only in Autumn that you could see crops are as red as fire since they are going to be ripe! OR they are ready for you to use fire cooking for food! ------------So in my eyes the single character 秋 is a beautiful harvesting landscape painting that I can see out of my window since it is the Mid-Autumn Festival!

高 ---------the two ‘口’means ‘mouth’ or ‘one person’.  ---------One man lives in the house while another man is on its roof with a cap on head, or the two men live in different caves of the mountain and they at different levels!

-----------Another understanding is: The first man with a noble hat on the head who rides on the top of the second person!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-14 23:00:20 |Display all floors
Sorry for the error of the word 'tongue':
气 (一)seems like air-gas passing through above the toung that would.....
                                                                     the  tongue  ........

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.