Views: 13292|Replies: 39

China ranks 91st in the world in internet speed   [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2016-6-7 16:29:18 |Display all floors

An online report published in China Daily reveals that China, the world’s second-largest economy, ranked 91st in the world in internet speed, with the average broadband connection scored at a mere 9.46 megabits per second, or Mbps. There are nearly 200 countries in the world.

The report ranked the top five countries in internet speed as South Korea, Sweden, Norway, Japan and the Netherlands. The average broadband speed in South Korea was reported as 26.7 Mbps. In Sweden, it was 19.1 Mbps.

The report promoted the fact that China now has 688 million people online, about half the population; that it added 40 million new internet users in 2015; and that 90 percent of users can get online via their mobile phones.

Do you have any problems surfing the internet in China? I live in downtown Beijing with internet speed allegedly 20M but really doesn't go faster than 3M.  It's horrible.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-7 17:25:12 |Display all floors
3 mps sounds wonderful as does 300 kbs
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-6-7 18:03:26 |Display all floors
I live in central Pudong and our internet speed is terrible especially in the evenings and weekend when more people in the apartment area log on. My UK home is on the edge of a town and the countryside, the internet there is 3 or 4 times faster than in China.

As there is no real competition for internet services in China it seems the providers do not care and do not want to invest in the infrastructure needed to improve matters.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-7 18:40:43 |Display all floors
100.47Mbps here in Florida
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-7 21:01:27 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2016-6-7 18:03
I live in central Pudong and our internet speed is terrible especially in the evenings and weekend w ...

China ranks 5th globally on mobile.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-7 21:03:57 |Display all floors
Turn off your VPN

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-7 21:12:58 |Display all floors
speed

test

dot

net
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.