Author: sunnylin01

Would you offer your seat on a train?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-5-5 19:32:04 |Display all floors
This post was edited by parcher at 2016-5-5 21:20

if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-5-5 20:30:16 |Display all floors
mixamixa Post time: 2016-5-5 18:42
Everyone who has ticket to ride the train also have a numbered seat. It would be a different story w ...

Have you ever been to China? I thought you claimed to have ridden China's high-speed trains...

The fact is - apparently unnoticed by you! - that the stations sell more tickets than there are seats. This happens especially between the intermediate stops. The alternative would be to sell no tickets to anyone for weeks. The trains tend to be full from the start to the end, so obviously some passengers will have to travel standing for part of the journey.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-5 20:58:28 |Display all floors
This post was edited by parcher at 2016-5-5 21:00
seneca Post time: 2016-5-5 20:30
Have you ever been to China? I thought you claimed to have ridden China's high-speed trains...

yes I forgot about that...
I wonder if they will give you a refund?
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-5 21:37:32 |Display all floors
It seems like that woman was in a dilemma that whether to offered her seat to the older people. If the same situation happend on me, it surely will make me tangled. First, the train journey is very long and it supposed we cannot reach our deatnation without a seat. Of course, because we paid money for the seat, there is no doubt that we have the right to seat. It's a fair thing. However, it made the situation more confusing and embarrasing because of a older woman who had no seat to have a rest. In this way, it is about your own morality standard and ideas. We cannot blame on the woman for not giving uo her seat for the old lady. It is fair and reasonable that people donot want to let themselves into trouble and lose thair fair right. Actually, a issue about the operation and management way of the  train was involved in such a condition. Apat from finding that whether the woman should be blame on, we should pay more attention tosomething about  the train service. The reason that the old lady have no seat is the train company sold more tickets than its standard munbers of carring passengers. So I think we should consider this thing in deeper. It is no use blaming the woman not offer the seat for the woman. To the contrary, we should take its essence into account and solve this lind of condition from the root.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-5 22:50:08 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-5-5 14:30

Everytime I have taken a long distance train I have been issued a ticket and I have had an emptry chair waiting for me. I have taken Harmony trains at least 50 times without any problems.

What you are refering might happen in the countryside and using older trains. There is no standing areas in bullet trains, everyone has a seat and the seat number is in your ticket.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2016-5-6 00:41:06 |Display all floors
Well after my operation right arm in a heavy sling I jumped a train at Stratford.

As I got on I could see it was full to standing only.

Did anyone offer this poor old boy a seat NOPE, in fact as I got on I saw heads drop and people acting like they were asleep lucky it was a few stops but I managed to stay on my feet

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-5-6 07:27:36 |Display all floors
mixamixa Post time: 2016-5-5 22:50
Everytime I have taken a long distance train I have been issued a ticket and I have had an emptry  ...

Ah the Funnish icicle talking back at me! Showing more imagination than knowledge again.

I just told you that the stations at intermediate towns often sell tickets with no seat number. I too never have had to travel as a standing passenger but I simpl;y have been luckier than others. I mean high-speed trains, Bubo, not other trains.

The railway operator is keen on selling all available seats and then some. They have to, since the high-speed trains cause the authorities a lot of extra costs that can only be met with subsidies.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.