Author: Feldspar

What will West, Russia, and China Look Like One Hundred Years from Now? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-5-6 12:52:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by exportedkiwi at 2016-5-6 12:53
Trix Post time: 2016-5-6 12:41
I never understood the meaning of oogenics.  What is it?

It is a social philosophy advocating the improvement of human genetic traits through the promotion of higher rates of sexual reproduction for people with desired traits (positive eugenics), or reduced rates of sexual reproduction and sterilization of people with less-desired or undesired traits (negative eugenics)
Copy/pasted from Google to save typing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-6 12:54:18 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2016-5-6 12:52
It is a social philosophy advocating the improvement of human genetic traits through the promotion  ...

Sounds fishy to me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-6 12:58:01 |Display all floors
Trix Post time: 2016-5-6 12:54
Sounds fishy to me.

It's basically the survival of the fittest and best. Everyone else is undesirable, no matter what their positive qualities may be.

I don't subscribe to this theory in total.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-6 13:01:38 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2016-5-6 12:58
It's basically the survival of the fittest and best. Everyone else is undesirable, no matter what  ...

The whole idea seems to be based on a false premise: that genes affect intelligence and personality.  This is false.  It's the environment that only matters, not genes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-6 13:20:32 |Display all floors
Trix Post time: 2016-5-6 13:01
The whole idea seems to be based on a false premise: that genes affect intelligence and personalit ...

You may well be right. To be honest, I know little about it so I can't comment further.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-7 01:56:45 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2016-5-6 13:20
You may well be right. To be honest, I know little about it so I can't comment further.

Hows it hangin,

I just did my school paper on this.  basically, what causes some to be "smart" or "not smart" is things like cultural oppression, racism, socio-economic deprivation, and poor nutrition and stress.  It has nothing to do with genetics.

If we get rid of racism, sexism, homophobia, and being poor and oppressed, all people would become very "smart."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-7 02:37:41 |Display all floors
Mr.Donkey Post time: 2016-5-7 01:56
Hows it hangin,

I just did my school paper on this.  basically, what causes some to be "smart" or ...

Gidday, I'm fine thanks.

You may well be right RE; your last sentence but still, I think that somefolks are naturally 'better' (for lack of a better way of putting it, it's early morning and I just woke up and haven't had coffee yet) than others. While I agree that this shouldn't come into the equation, it does and that's something that we can't change.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.