Views: 2027|Replies: 13

The Future of East and West, According to Richard Lynn   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-3-3 11:47:44 |Display all floors
Professor Richard Lynn was interviewed this month, and he made the following comments.  I don't know the implications of this for East and West.  What does this mean?

Interview:

Given your view on dysgenics and racial differences in IQ, what future do you see for the West?

RL: I am very pessimistic about the future of the West. I think there are four problems. First, our populations are declining because we have below replacement fertility in all Western nations. Second, we have dysgenic fertility, i.e. high-IQ women are having fewer children than low-IQ women, with the result that the genetic IQ of our populations is declining.

Third, most Western countries have been experiencing massive immigration of non-Western peoples who will eventually become majorities. In the United States, the European peoples will become a minority around the year 2042 and a declining minority thereafter. The United States will inevitably become like Latin America and resemble Mexico, Venezuela, and other Latin American countries, and cease to be a superpower. The replacement of Europeans by non-Europeans is also taking place throughout Western Europe. In Britain, non-Europeans are expected to become a majority around the year 2066, and in other Western European countries some time in the second half of the century. I believe this demographic transition is unstoppable because of continuing non-European immigration and the high fertility of the immigrants.

Fourth, in the world as a whole there is much higher fertility in the low IQ countries. The effect of this is that the world’s IQ is deteriorating genetically and there is every reason to expect that this deterioration will continue for many decades.

This is certainly a pessimistic scenario. Do you see any cause for optimism?

RL: Yes. First, Western Civilization will probably survive in Eastern Europe and Russia and in Israel, at least for a while, as these countries are fairly successful at preventing the immigration of non-Western peoples. Second, China, Taiwan, Japan, and South Korea have highly intelligent populations and are also preventing the immigration of non-indigenous peoples. I believe that these countries will carry the torch of civilization and within a few decades China will replace the United States as the world superpower. Whether this is an optimistic scenario I will leave others to decide.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-3-5 19:02:08 |Display all floors
I don't care about the West, but China don't deserve to be a super-power either.  Chinese culture has no admirable qualities: Japanese are even more admirable than the Chinese, as are the South Koreans.  

If West goes down, take the Chinese with you.  1.4 billion genetically mediocre oxygen wasters.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-3-9 08:00:58 |Display all floors
Yes, even though the West may become a third-world nation, it just means that China will by default be the less worse off in comparison; it does not mean China will rise to the genetic and cultural level of the Caucasians, Ashkenazi, Japanese, South Koreans, and Taiwanese.

Plus, the Chinese are not a culture or people, but a bee-hive.  The culture is represented by the ten Kings of China: the rest of the people are not people, not living, but are like the arms and legs of the kings.  That is the definition of a monarchy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-3-27 05:03:56 |Display all floors
OP got it reversed.  The USA will form a Death Star that will keep the East in check for eternity.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-21 15:52:28 |Display all floors
Future is going to be pretty good.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-12 23:18:40 |Display all floors
AshkeNietzsche Post time: 2016-7-21 15:52
Future is going to be pretty good.

Maybe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-21 13:02:57 |Display all floors
Not true. Immigrants are a strength, and they make the West strong.  The West will be number one for ever.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.