Author: Genetic-Load

European Genes for China's Economic Future [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2016-1-6 19:50:32 |Display all floors
firedragons Post time: 2016-1-6 19:46
Bell Curve book said it.  But debunked.

Everyone is a debunker. I'm not convinced. But yes I agree that nurture is more important than nature. Chinese society promotes, encourages and is conducive to development of cognitive abilities. Chinese are good at education. Chinese are a smart population overall whatever the reason.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-6 19:56:30 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2016-1-6 19:50
Everyone is a debunker. I'm not convinced. But yes I agree that nurture is more important than nat ...

Book: "Race, Evolution, and Behavior" by J. Rushton says East Asians grew high IQ genes due to cold weather: only smart genes people survived by planning to store food for winter, making clothes, etc.  

Think its bunk though.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-12 22:46:15 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2016-1-2 09:45
Chinese people are smart as hell.

Electromagnetic catapult system?

All people are equally smart.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-3-13 06:01:00 |Display all floors
Phonex Post time: 2017-3-12 22:46
All people are equally smart.

All sheep seem to be pretty equally smart. To an advanced alien race I bet humans seem as equally smart as sheep do to us.

Do you hate the way Americans say CEO. Its sounds like they are having a conniption. Its as if they think it is a word. It is not a word. They can slow down. I prefer GM. I am a basketball guy. What the hell is the difference between a CEO and a GM anyway? And what the hell is a COO? A COO can do the job of a GM? And so can a CEO? What? They all sound important anyway.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-14 21:25:57 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2017-3-13 06:01
All sheep seem to be pretty equally smart. To an advanced alien race I bet humans seem as equally  ...

If aliens existed, they would be very impressed with Western values and would adopt it for themselves.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-3-15 06:06:39 |Display all floors
TicklePuss Post time: 2017-3-14 21:25
If aliens existed, they would be very impressed with Western values and would adopt it for themsel ...

It is odd. Later in the day after I wrote this comment I had a conversation with this old farmer that I know. George. I get stuck talking to him every now and then. He is not a bad guy and he can hold a decent conversation I guess but if I had a choice I wouldnt get stuck talking to him. I really dont like having to have a conversation with someone for no reason. Anyway, somehow we got to talking about farming and he was telling me about some pig farmers that have this system where they feed the pigs and the pig manure falls through this floor and then fungi grows on it and then the farmers scrapes the fungi off the manure and feeds it back to the pigs. The way he said it it was as if the pigs just eat the fungi but I cant see how that would work. But apparently this fungi is good for them. He said something about worm juice before that. He was saying something about cyclic type farming or something. And I mentioned another farmer that I know - Ben -  that does some kind of cyclic farming thing and George knew about it and explained it to me. Apparently Ben uses smaller paddocks that the sheep stay in for short amounts of time before being moved to another small paddock. The idea is to be easier on the land and to encourage the sheep to not just eat the grass that is the best. In larger paddocks they will only eat the good stuff and it is not efficient and it is harder on the land. I have spoken to Ben about it briefly and apparently his way of farming limits waste and everything is recycled/goes back into the system. Ben is a younger farmer. George is old and pretty much retired and he has a massive farm and doesnt do the small paddock things. Anyway, this conversation led into George telling me about how clever sheep are about the weather. Like how on a windy day they will go off behind a hill out of the wind. Or how on a very hot day they 'break camp' early before it gets hot and then in the middle of the day they hang out under trees to try to keep cool. It sounded to me as though George has spent way too much time around sheep - but also that he respected them and admired them in a way. He was saying that they will eat the grass that is near water and leave the not so good stuff, and that there is some farming strategy that uses water troughs that are moved to different parts of the paddock to encourage the sheep to eat grass around where the trough is placed. The idea is kind of similar to Bens small paddocks thing. Anyway, it was an odd conversation that made me feel a bit bad for stereotyping sheep.

Before we starting talking about farming strategies I was telling George that I had been watching Im a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here on tv and I did not know any of the celebrities. It was the Australian version. George said that he had watched it and the only one he knew was Steve Price. I said that yeah I think I know him, he was a footballer or something wasnt he? And George said no, he is some radio guy.

Somewhere in the conversation we talked about retarded people. Oh thats right, Georges taught me English in highschool and I was telling him how once she wrote on my report card that I was spasmodic and I thought that she had called me a spastic until I looked the word up. So that got us talking about spastics and George was saying that he thinks that it might be best to just put some of these spastic and retarded people out of their misery since they do not have very good quality of life and they are a huge cost to care for. Euthanasia seems to come up from time to time in my conversations with George and we always agree that it is best to shoot a dog that has no quality of life than to let it suffer but it is odd how we have laws preventing us from putting humans out of their misery. And since we were talking about retarded people and George was telling me about this couple that that he knows that have a now adult son that has down syndrome or something and the couple have a lot of trouble caring for him now that he is fully grown - especially when he goes mental and needs to be restrained. I have seen this kind of thing myself on tv - where some fully grown retarded guy has grabbed his mothers hair and wont let go. Anyway, I was thinking that George is kind of a Nazi which is funny and since we were talking about quality of life I thought about these kids in Vietnam that I saw on a doco that have all of these problems because their parents had Agent Orange dropped on them. Some of these kids just lay on beds all day and they dont seem to know where they are or what is going on. It is very sad and I kind of wish that someone would euthanize them so they do not have to suffer like that. Hell couldnt be any worse than how their lives must be. So I thought about them while George was talking and then George says that the lucky ones in Vietnam were the ones that got killed ( George fought in Vietnam ). George was saying that the ones that came back missing an arm or a leg or with psychological problems would have been luckier if they had just died in Vietnam. Quality of life and all. Im not sure if George was suggesting that Vietnam veterans should have been euthanized ( That I Was Only 19 guy should have been. What a baby )  but I agreed with what he was saying about quality of life and I was glad that I did not mention the Agent Orange babies/children because I was just about to before George started saying that the lucky Vietnam guys were the ones that died in Vietnam. I dont think Australia dropped any Agent Orange - it was just America wasnt it? Anyway I wouldnt want to make George feel bad. I guess war can be tough on both sides hey. George isnt a terrible guy and I am sure that when he decided to volunteer for Vietnam he thought that he was doing the right thing. One time when George and I were talking about politics in a previous conversation I suggested that the Nazi way might be the best way - and George said " Dont make me have to get my gun". Ha. He is more of a Nazi than he realizes. Its all good for George though - like I said, George has the biggest farm in the area and his family is one of the original squatters that pledged to be obedient servants so that the government would let them keep the land that they claimed for themselves in these outlands.

Did you know that georges granddaughters name is Freya. I said - thats a pretty German name. And George said - is it? I said yeah I think so, Germanic Tribes used to worship a God named Freya.

I wonder if some sheep are smarter than others. If we gave them IQ tests I am sure that some would be smarter. Which one of the sheep decides when to 'break camp'? Do they take a vote? I wonder how it works. Are black sheep smarter than white sheep?  

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-3-15 06:35:31 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.