Author: SEARU

How much tearing(=crying?) have you had on the military parade? [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2016-5-5 13:14:25 |Display all floors
saywhat Post time: 2016-5-5 10:20
IS THAT WHY SO MANY PEOPLE WATCH... ?   BOTH LIVE AND ON THE INTERNET.... MAYBE NOBODY CARE WHAT Y ...

How do you know all these people watched a parade Pudding

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-6 12:20:23 |Display all floors
ExileMick Post time: 2016-5-4 16:51
No! Tearing and crying are completely different. Don't use words until you understand their meanin ...

Ho!  I am sorry for the fatal mistake I made that is a shame for me!  I could not keep calm that night after your correction.
Now, I think it is unavoidable even I write in my native language Chinese. I have done the writing business for only two years that is a great challenge for me since my major was not English in the university and I teach science in the vocational school and Interneting here is only my hobby. So you could imagine my difficulty on spelling. Frankly speaking, I could write nothing without the SOUGO typing software!
The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-6 13:07:12 |Display all floors
saywhat Post time: 2016-5-5 10:16
HEY KITTY...... YOU STILL TRYING TO LEARN TO SPELL I SEE.

I could see your sweet smiling through your avatar!  
But don't let the tooth flying out of the mouth!
I admit I am still pupil here, specially on spelling!
The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-20 04:51:08 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Gayle at 2017-2-20 04:51

Thank you for this very interesting thread on Chinese feelings and history.

Regarding the English word "tearing" -- in the sense of crying, it is almost always used as part of the compound phrase "tearing up," not as a word alone.  (Otherwise, in writing, it could be mistaken for the homograph "tearing" as in tearing paper.)

But the meaning of "tearing up" is not precisely the same as crying. "Tearing up" means one's eyes are full of tears, but "crying" begins when the tears fall from the eyes.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.