Views: 3764|Replies: 38

How much tearing(=crying?) have you had on the military parade? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-9-3 12:52:40 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SEARU at 2016-5-6 12:23

"Just minutes before the military parade in Beijing, the loud noise of burning crackers from neighbor for celebration has moved me into tears! ---------I note down this note for permanent memory! "

The above is my latest signature on my status-page two hours ago. Now the cheerful military parade has ended during which I had been in tears for excitement, enjoyment or other feelings for several times! ----------Such inspiring moments urges me post this thread, I wonder how many times of tearing had you experienced when you watched the special TV show? -------( No matter whether you are native Chinese or foreign friend!)

The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-3 14:18:30 |Display all floors
      The leg was leg was broken by the Japanese invaders!

Hearing heavy knocking on the gate along with loud shouting and noise, my grand-grand-mother got up and try out to open the door. However, she was so old and weak for a quick reaction that it had taken  her a long time before she finally pulled the latch of the gate !

To her astonishment, a few strange soldiers smash the gate open and knocked her down on the ground!------------ One of them kicked her in anger with ’iron‘ foot! ---------It was so unfortunate that one of her legs was broken and she could not stand up by herself until the enemy left our home with some valuable things!----------The broken leg had troubled her for years till her death!

------------These days I have watched many programs on the anti-Japanese war including an old solder telling his own experience in the battle that drove me to tears without noticing!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-3 14:38:42 |Display all floors
When I was very little, mother often told me the old story about Japanese monsters(鬼子).

Hearing that the cruel foreign soldiers were going to come,all villagers tried every effort to flee away!Mother (before marriage)and grandmother-in-law made enough steamed bread with some silver coins wrapped in some of them! ----------All family members put food,clothes,quilts onto the cart pulled by horse or cattle!---------However, only two or three days later, their food was quickly consumed and they were told that there were Enemies everywhere and no safety at all!-----------All people had to returned home!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-3 15:23:33 |Display all floors
My grandfather was a richman who run a sesame oil mill who also had a folk-made pistol for self-guarding at night in those war-years!

One day his nephew (my mother's cousin)asked him for the gun!---------At first grandfather refused to give my uncle ’the root of the family fate‘ in his words through which you could understand how important the gun was in his eyes!--------------It took uncle three days to persuade the old man and at last he succeeded!

With the weapon, uncle-in-law joined the Eighth Route Army and soon became an officer who fighted nearby hometown. -------------Once a time, he returned home in rags with dirty hair that surprised my mother!-----------He explained: "The Enemies are very strong and I must pretend to be a mad man!" ---------Before meal, the revolutionary refused to wash face and hands; at the dining table,one lice fell down from his dirty hair that he quickly picked it up and put it back onto the head!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-3 15:56:14 |Display all floors
When mother’s auntie was in critical health condition, that revolutionary uncle heard the news  his mother was needing his help!---------He cried since he could not leave the battle-ground although it was only ten miles away from home and the bitter fighting against the Japanese on the river determined that he had to stay there for struggling with fellow soldiers (sixteen people in total)!

Since then he had not visited hometown till after liberation when he became a high-rank officer!----It is said two soldier-nurses looked after him in his late year due to his poor health till his death in 2011.----------just four years ago! ---------If he could live up to now, he would be 98 years old and probably he would have been invited to take part in the military parade this time!   

Rest in peace,  good revolutionary uncle, I had seen you with your five daughters  in the old photo that was hanged on the earth wall of my old house!

(Dear reader friends:
Latter, I would pay a visit to my mother for more vivid stories!)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-4 12:34:56 |Display all floors

The ancient Chinese handbarrow that was totally made of wood including its wheel axle!

The two pictures above are from   the web of the ‘low-tech magazine’ .

Ancient?
No! About fifty years ago, this kind wooden things were still popular tools for transportation in rural China!---- That  is a pity it took me half an hour to search them through Baidu and it was from a foreign website instead of our native one!---------The foreign author from the ‘low-tech magazine’ praised Chinese for the clever design of vehicle since that could save you much energy if you drive it!-------------We should not forget our own traditional valuable things!
-------- (In other words, China should have more websites to introduce her culture to the world! )

(To be continued)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-4 12:58:17 |Display all floors
Yesterday in his speech, President Xi mentioned that our nation had suffered a lot in the old society and during the war-time that we should not forget!

Twenty years ago, an old teacher (my colleague)told:" Our old generation have contribute much more to the society than us! ---------For an example, they had raised three to five children for the country that meant extraordinary burden for their lives! ---------now we have one-child family-planning program that makes easy for two adults to raise one kid!"

once my father told me he had experienced too much bitterness in his life! ---------"I have used four kinds of currency:copper coins, silver coins, and two kinds paper-bank-notes! ......

(continued)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.