Author: supersally6

Scientists Say Chinese People Don't Feel Empathy and Guilt   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Valuable Member 2018 Most Valuable Member 2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-9-3 11:02:56 |Display all floors
rkn Post time: 2015-9-2 16:31
Over 1 billion people fail to feel empathy or guilt. It is just incredible.

Not exactly that way.

Try this: a toddler gets knocked down by a passing scooter. Do you think the scooter rider will stop? Do you think the 100 accidental witnesses will stop their activities and try to console the child or administer medical treatment?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member 2015 Most Valuable Member 2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2015-9-3 12:11:40 |Display all floors
Is there a reference?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-3 12:12:36 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2015-9-1 14:47
So your Chinese "wife" has been cheating on you?

I can't blame her. Young and handsome Chinese men ...

You really do miss the British

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-3 12:15:30 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2015-9-1 18:46
East Asians think in multiple dimensions...

That's right, look at all the modern inventions from the Chinese compared to the West.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-3 13:17:04 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2015-9-3 12:15
That's right, look at all the modern inventions from the Chinese compared to the West.

Even the Chinese inventions....paper, gunpowder, silk.....needs foreigners help to improve and spread.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-3 14:01:26 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2015-9-3 13:17
Even the Chinese inventions....paper, gunpowder, silk.....needs foreigners help to improve and spr ...

There was no advancement in these inventionps till Asia met the West then the West took these inventions to areas the Chinese could never dream of

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-4 23:56:31 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2015-9-5 00:17
dusty1 Post time: 2015-9-3 12:15

When you say "West", does that include Australia? I don't mean to disrespect Australia -- it's a nice country Down Under known for its Bondi Beach and beach babes -- but Australia is just a nice country Down Under known for its Bondi Beach and beach babes.

In the high-tech world, nobody is going to believe that Australia is in the big leagues, at least not from the vantage point of someone like me who spent most of his professional life in Silicon Valley. You see - Dusty -- Australia doesn't even enter into the radar screen of the big leagues which includes Silicon Valley, Northern Europe and East Asia. Now, I realize that a lot of the "Western" posters here from South Africa, Australia, etc. imagine themselves to be racially and culturally superior to East Asians by claiming the technological achievements of the "West" but for an East Asian techie like me who've spent time in Silicon Valley which is the center of high-technology in the "West", you guys look like morons who don't know much about the state of high-technology in the world.

I suggest you spend more time surfing in Bondi Beach which is what Aussies are good at while we East Asians build the high-tech industries of the 21st century.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.