Author: supersally6

Scientists Say Chinese People Don't Feel Empathy and Guilt   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-9-1 18:48:43 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2015-9-1 19:06
pnp Post time: 2015-9-1 14:39
That's quite true!  Why do you think there are so many cheats and fraudsters in China?  They have no guilt cheating and defrauding their countrymen!

But they won't cheat and defraud their own family, friends, relatives and villagers, would they? For example, if they're from the rural areas and they move to a big city like Shenzhen, chances are that they would help each other out since they're in a big city. They won't try to cheat and defraud people from their own trusted network but they might try to cheat and defraud an outsider who's not from their social circle.

There are sociologists who study the endogenous basis of trust in the formation of social capital in heteregeneous environments. So in a big city like Shenzhen full of migrant workers, the exogenous basis of mistrust forces groups of people to form endogenous circles of trust based on intrinsic characteristics shared by the group such as kinship, language, village, etc.

The OP is playing with a logical fallacy called false attribution: falsely attributing ethnic/cultural factors as contributing to the lack of trust in post-Deng China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-1 18:58:30 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2015-9-1 14:56
That is your personal opinion.  What I said about frauds is factual, not just a fancy opinion like  ...

"" it's all done through the phone or internet."'

What you say here is correct.
Problem is ; people got to much cash sitting in the bank.
It will never work in Western countries.
But I do feel sad that folks are so easily taken

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-9-1 20:47:42 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2015-9-1 18:46
East Asians think in multiple dimensions...

And who drops their iphone into the squattie the most regularly? The multitasking, multi-dimenisonally "thinking" asians...

They should learn from Westerners to do one thing well at one time, and do other things when they are done with their first job.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-9-1 20:53:21 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2015-9-1 16:14
The OP confuses empathy -- which is an emotional reaction of a person showing concern for the suffer ...

You are the first to apprise me that GUILT is an "EMOTION"... I have always considered it not a feeling but  an intellectuall certainty. He who knows what is right or wrong can accept guilt and show remorse; to show remorse you need  genuine empathy.

Chinese are proverbial law-scoffs. They never seem to feel guilty when they break a law; all they care for is to break that law with impunity. They cut corners to save money, knowing that they are doing something wrong.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-1 20:55:42 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-9-1 20:47
And who drops their iphone into the squattie the most regularly? The multitasking, multi-dimenis ...

Donald Trump is probably a Chinese........what you think?

Developer, obese, loud mouthed, no frontal cortex.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-1 20:57:51 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2015-9-1 20:55
Donald Trump is probably a Chinese........what you think?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-1 21:08:05 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-9-1 20:57

I think my observation is as scientific as the OP.....just less wordy.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.