Views: 2966|Replies: 3

Do we reveal too much about our kids online? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-6-15 15:19:45 |Display all floors
That decision -- to share or not to share -- is a bit of a conundrum for anyone with kids. On the one hand, many parents want their friends and family, and sometimes a larger audience, to see how fabulous their kids are. On the other hand, there are concerns about a child's privacy and safety online.

What do you think of this issue?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-15 16:30:53 |Display all floors
I think it is an age thing. I am in my 50s and not into social media at all. I would no more post
photos of my children and grandchildren on line thatn I would post a selfie of myself in the the shower!

But younger sfolkhave been brought up in this social media frenzy. Celebs post pics of their kids online so others think that's okay. What they don't understand is that celeb kids have minders. Ordinary kids don't, and can so easily be targetted by predators with bad things on their mind and easier ways to access little ones.

My overall view is that everyone has a right to privacy and this should be respected right up until
the child is able to decide for themselves. Perhaps age 16-18.

The rest of us are exposed to the world anyway because of mobile phones. And I will tell you Chinese that we don't like it. My husband, who is 6ft 5 inches tall and heavily bearded cannot walk the streets here without Chinese people taking snaps of him and posting/distributing them goodness knows where.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-16 10:09:54 |Display all floors
not ok

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-6-16 10:18:10 |Display all floors
Strange

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.