Views: 62737|Replies: 169

Why I believe in China   [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2015-3-25 16:55:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by UYA at 2015-3-25 16:58

One of the reasons I left America is the downturn in government and society. I find the people there becoming more and more material. The government more and more unfriendly and suspicious to its own. The little man becoming less and less significant.

In China I found growth and opportunity. A real chance to offer help and hope. The young I found more engaged and egger to experience new ideas and culture. People who would go out of their way to help. Some of the best people I have ever met were found in China.

While many in the west like to point a “dirty finger” at China, I believe the worst things in the world, originated in the west, NOT China. Its history has never been one of colonialism, but of peace.

The CPC has a real opportunity to set a good example for others to follow….

IF they can purge the bad elements (corruption) in its ranks. The foundation it became into being, is to help the masses, and not just the rich. This has eroded with the new economic prosperity China has experienced in resent history. Once the party embraces its origins of doing what is good for all, I can only see a better life for not just China,but also internationally.

It has not been an easy road for China,with its past struggles with foreign powers and misguided domestic policies of old. The realization of these problems and the strength to correct them, will propel China to be admired and to lead.

Being witness to the positive changes inChina, my presence here is to promote and help China accomplish something amazing. This adds more value to my individual existence as a person.

The better China becomes…..

The more I can believe in the future.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-25 20:14:02 |Display all floors
The better China becomes…..
The more I can believe in the future.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-25 22:25:32 |Display all floors
"I find the people there becoming more and more material." -  I am just curious, now I I have no idea about American culture but I was under the assumption us British and the Americans were at least similar, you think we are less material than Chinese (In general)? I find many Chinese to be extremely material, more so than British at least. I honestly can't say for sure about America.

" The foundation it became into being, is to help the masses, and not just the rich." You say it helps the masses, but it looks like a typical capitalist engine. The rich poor gap is growing here every day and the poor haven't really seen much in the way of social welfare from the state. (Although, same can be said for the states...)

I see both systems as having good and bad. America has it's disadvantages but I think you are glossing over China's disadvantages by saying all bad things originate in the west. What even does the west mean? it is a generalisation in itself, does it mean all western countries are the origins of all that is bad? Does the include czech replublic/ croatia etc, or is it just western europe and america?

You say the west points the finger at China but at the same time China points the finger at the west a lot also.

I think it's just a different system and it's all down to personal preference. I like living in China, I like living in Scotland also but I would never say one is infinitely better. Every advantage comes with a disadvantage. Lots of money, lots of job opportunities...lack of personal space due to amount of people. (Amount of people is why there are so many job opportunities). It all comes down to your own perspective, but I wouldn't generalise the west quite like you did.

I personally think almost all governments are out there to make money and make the rich richer, seems to be the world trend. all driven by greed, covered by the facade that is the BS they feed us. We just get to choose who's BS we eat.
You know that every time I try to go
Where I really want to be
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-25 23:34:51 |Display all floors
seanboyce88 Post time: 2015-3-25 22:25
"I find the people there becoming more and more material." -  I am just curious, now I I have no ide ...

You misunderstand my words.
Just as America has become more and more material.
China is too.
and that is what leads to the corruption problem it has now.
but I believe this mind set can be changed in China, more so than in America (or even "most" countries in the west).
The government (CPC) can do great things for China, as well as bad things.
I see it has done more good than bad.
and if it wants to stay in power.......
the needs of the many MUST never be overlooked.

America has wronged China, more so than the other way around.
That is why I put blame on the ills of the world at the feet of the west (you know who you are)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-26 00:26:20 |Display all floors
IN AMERICA GREED IS THE WORD

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-26 00:46:47 |Display all floors
what's wrong with most asians...we used to admire or still is about the west especially amerika but never jealous like the way the west jealous about china these days just not sure if they're admirin china or not & for sure always wanted to stepdown china  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-26 08:14:39 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2015-3-26 00:46
what's wrong with most asians...we used to admire or still is about the west especially amerika but  ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.