Views: 8078|Replies: 38

The indoor air quality means a lot to your health [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-3-21 15:38:01 |Display all floors

I am naturally sensitive to the quality of indoor air because of my unforgettable story happened in 1994.---------In that winter evening, I had a bath in the room with a burning coal-stove for heating. A strange thing hit me down when I got out of the door of the room!----------I could not control my own legs that bent and I fell down to the ground!------I was full of wonders: what had played a joke on me? ------I had not met with such a situation before!!!

Soon I tried to stand up with strength. Wife shouted that I had been poisoned by 'coal-gas' (煤气中毒) -------Carbon-monoxide has hurt (or killed) too many people!

With so many people to share limited air, what you take in  mostly are nitrogen, carbon-dioxide that are often used for food-storage! The lack of oxygen is a potential risk to our health where we would easily feel tired!

In China, we often say: "Human live for a mouthful gas!" and ' Life looks like a candle burning in the gentle wind!"

We can not take care ourselves without considering the indoor air quality!
Loving to the people and the  environment is special feeling that could lead you have a good study about the world!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-21 15:39:00 |Display all floors
When I am classroom, I always ask some student to (partly) open window for 'wind', even in cold winter!

Two year ago, in that kindergarten, every classroom were installed two sets of ultraviolet sterilize lamps on the ceiling that are advanced instruments to kill germs and bacteria so that the kids could happily live  in a safe place!--------
You turn on the special lights  and quickly leave the empty room, all work would be done in just ten minutes. -------The ultraviolet light is so powerful that may hurt your skin if you stay in its light!

When you shut off the switch, YOU would feel the air has become so fresh that as if it were from after lightening and thundering of rain!--------so enjoyable!----------Some people say such gas is dangerous that I don't think!
Loving to the people and the  environment is special feeling that could lead you have a good study about the world!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-21 15:51:35 |Display all floors
In fact the above is only part of the comments on my blog "What is wrong with your room? "-----------I think the topic is very important to all of us! For this reason I try to turn it into a thread to share with more friends!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-21 16:11:43 |Display all floors
We may think in this way, 'oxygen' is special kind of food that could make your body as strong as 'ox'! ------------it is why the word oxygen was invented with 'ox' as its first part!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-21 16:52:45 |Display all floors
In China, many people buy piles of man-made wooden-boards and barrels of chemical glue to decorate their new home. However such overdose decorating would become a trouble for the future! -----Much poisonous gas would come out from all parts of the artificial things and the indoor air would be heavily polluted!----------A worker in the Education Bureau was sent to hospital because of blood-cancer that he got after he had moved to his newly decorated house and he regretted  that he seldom opened the window!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-21 17:05:08 |Display all floors
Another opposite example is one of my colleagues: At night Tom usually sleeps with the quilt covering his head it seems that he could not get into sleep without such ‘method’. ---------You could imagine how terrible the air for his breath would be!------ His face always looks pale; He temper is also special since he would easily become angry with you in daily conversation if you disagree his point of view!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-21 17:34:39 |Display all floors
My son works in a chemical factory. Their office and dormitory are equipped with central air conditioner that sounds so modern and advanced! ---------In fact, the indoor temperature is always kept at 30 degree centigrade in Winter and 18 degree in Summer!-------- It is said something was wrong with the machine that they could not adjust the temperature freely!

According to scientific research, old air conditioner is a main resource of pollution for your nose, since a great amount of bacteria would make a living inside the machine and they would visit you at anytime without your notice!

You should have it cleaned by professional worker though it would not totally solve the problem!

---------I hate the air-pollution-machine that I have no business with in my living room and I seldom use electric fan in hot Summer.----------I trust my body could wisely deal with the natural weather changes and too much man-made affection may hurt our health!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.