Views: 1484|Replies: 19

how to translate books..? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-3-13 10:35:39 |Display all floors
1. what qualifications do I need if I want to translate English books into Chinese?
2. Any websites or forums I can go on to learn some experience?

I like to write stuff hope one day can be able to do some translation for some books too

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-13 17:29:44 |Display all floors
I just know it's very hard, why don't you buy a original and the bset translated one as references

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 6 DayEarlier |Display all floors
Are you serious

Do you have a relevant degree?

You need to be perfectly comfortable using either of the two languages. Very few Chinese can translate from English into Chinese. It takes at least a university degree. You should also be versed in literature in a way that ew Chinese are.

Your first avenue is to contact publishing companies and show them your talent if you have any. You also can get in touch with the authors of published works and see if they like your idea of translating their work. whether you will find a publisher then is another matter.

Use magic tools Report

This post was edited by teatree16 at 2017-5-18 12:31

Start with practice in translating small essays.  If you are confident enough, translate one chapter after another in private.  I'm sure after you have completed a whole English book into Chinese, you must be upgraded many levels of comprehension of both languages.  There is NO degree compulsory or legally required for me to start your translating, don't be silly or being timidated by useless advice.

Use magic tools Report

Treat things easier rather than deliberately creating unnecessary barriers to get them done.  You know today's society in encouraging new ideas & practice.

Use magic tools Report

Seneca is only a high school graduate from Africa plus his self-education process is mainly involved with making-up stories or limited undesirable experiences in the past.  Be mindful with his words, more than 90% does not count sensibly.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

seneca Post time: 2017-5-18 11:03
Are you serious

Do you have a relevant degree?

Good answer

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.