Author: ihanyu

Chinese Language Matters?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-7-7 09:14:06 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2015-5-8 01:01
No.
For speakers of alpha-numeric languages, which is Western Europe, North America, South America ( ...

french people would be laughing,,,,pissed

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-7-7 11:58:46 |Display all floors
mixamixa Post time: 2016-7-7 05:13
Well enough? You claim to have lived more than 20 years in China and you still cannot speak mandar ...

Whoops you get it wrong again, 19 years in China, that is all.

Why would I need a foreign language to study at a UK uni? Finns need a second language as Finnish has so few speakers.

I speak a little Putonghua, a little Spanish and a little French, like many Brits I am not a linguist but manage fine and am widely traveled without having a real second language so where is the problem?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-7 14:27:45 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2016-7-7 05:58
Whoops you get it wrong again, 19 years in China, that is all.

Why would I need a foreign languag ...

Everyone needs to communicate with people. Most people do it by talking and you do it by waving your "VIP" F flier card and shouting English at the service desk in CHINA!

I speak fluent Finnish, Swedish, English and Italian and none of them were my major at the university.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-17 10:22:12 |Display all floors
Our language is the key to Chinese culture through which you could better understand what human kind is since we have long splendid history!
The most useful knowledge and skill that we are lack of is that of about human!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-30 21:27:15 |Display all floors
Without a single doubt.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.