Author: ihanyu

Chinese Language Matters?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-4-9 16:44:07 |Display all floors
:D

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-26 16:51:05 |Display all floors
Chinese language has been the key of my success in China and today is driving my life especially because my wife is Chinese. So yes, learning Mandarin is really important and can rapidly become a lifestyle for many people. What a huge opportunity!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-7 12:43:00 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Coolj at 2016-6-7 12:44

That is a myth. The Chinese enclosed themselves for years on end. By the time they realized the rest of the world matters, English had taken its toll. Now that they are also struggling to learn English to fit in the global society, they can never make Chinese a world language. On top of that, many countries are still gravely attached to their colonial masters and have languages deep rooted in their history. For example, many English speaking countries like Philippines or some in Africa can never change to another national language apart from English.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-1 05:08:15 |Display all floors
I tried to learn chinese Several times but for an average indian it is difficult to learn chinese as the faculty resources are very less. There are foreign language instutions but they emphasise preferly on english french greman spanish... no proper institute teaches chinese. If some eestablishments could be done there are plenty of indian students who want learn chinese because it will also help in future business.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-7-1 05:46:02 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2015-5-8 01:01
No.
For speakers of alpha-numeric languages, which is Western Europe, North America, South America ( ...

Where do you get your stats from? they do not appear to be correct at all.

There are around 50,000 characters with around 20,000 in a good dictionary, the rest considered obsolete, an educated Chinese person will know around 8000 and around 2 to 3000 are needed to read a newspaper.

Where do you get the 40%  figure from? This figure is out of date according to Chinese sources, many people maybe do not speak Mandarin every day but can speak it well enough.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-7 05:13:37 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2016-6-30 23:46
Where do you get your stats from? they do not appear to be correct at all.

There are around 50,00 ...

Well enough? You claim to have lived more than 20 years in China and you still cannot speak mandarin or any other foreign language.

The real question is how can you graduate from university if you cannot speak more than one language? Ooops, I forgot... Most likely you failed to graduate even high school.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-7 09:11:27 |Display all floors
Daveofse3 Post time: 2015-3-16 07:23
Yes I do. It has long been ignored as a serious foreign language, partly because it is seen as too d ...

smart guy,,,good luck...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.