Views: 14266|Replies: 100

Should women be paid the same as men?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-2-5 15:08:10 |Display all floors
I believe that women should be paid the same as men. If both parties are putting in the same amount of work and the same amount of effort there is no reason the man should be making more money simply because he is a man. But the fact is women still are not receiving equal pay in some countries. Do you think men and women should be paid the same wages?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-5 15:48:55 |Display all floors
Well...this is a silly topic. If they do the same work of course they should.

I think thats the topic finished...
You know that every time I try to go
Where I really want to be
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-2-5 15:55:04 |Display all floors
This post was edited by parcher at 2015-2-5 16:23

I would much rather hire female workers in China....
they do a far better job without the moaning...
so yes give the ladies the same
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2015-2-5 16:29:36 |Display all floors
Yes, of course the old days have gone and why not

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-5 17:30:33 |Display all floors
well... playing devils advocate here...

if i work in a factory, and my job is manually moving boxes with my hands, a woman does the same job as me, but she is physically weaker, i can carry 2 boxes at a time, she can carry one. we both work for the same amount of hours. should we get an equal salary?

if we do, it would encourage me to be less productive, why carry twice as much as someone else for the same salary?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-2-6 07:28:53 |Display all floors
stanny Post time: 2015-2-5 17:30
well... playing devils advocate here...

if i work in a factory, and my job is manually moving boxes ...

So by the same iimplication when you get older and can carry less your wages will reduce?

I feel your analogy is not a good one, a sensible employer would not employ a person who could not lift many boxes to do a job lifting boxes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-6 07:44:58 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2015-2-6 07:28
So by the same iimplication when you get older and can carry less your wages will reduce?

I feel  ...

A sensible emplyer would link the wages to productivity and the older and less productive worker could increase his productivity by working longer hours and still keeping earning his salary.

Heavy lifting job might not be the best example because human body has limits, but working extra hours and pay by the unit is a fair way for everyone.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.