Views: 16574|Replies: 53

Is guanxi key to job hunting? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-12-29 16:55:42 |Display all floors
Although traditional job fairs are still the best method to land employment, many Chinese graduates would turn to guanxi or personal contacts if they encounter any obstacles in their job seeking process. Actually, asking friends and family members for help is the most reliable way to find a job. Does the practice of using connections in job hunting exist in your country?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-12-29 17:06:38 |Display all floors
Of course...
Most jobs that are advertised are already taken, but by law they must still advertised...
I got 2 jobs in England years ago using connections
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-30 11:43:42 |Display all floors
i totaly dislike it      here in CN many family-members or relatives are "protected" by their superior/boss even if they perform very bad/low/insufficient
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-1 23:02:36 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2014-12-29 13:06
Of course...
Most jobs that are advertised are already taken, but by law they must still advertised. ...

No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-1 23:06:07 |Display all floors
I don't know why people think this is a Chinese problem. It is a global issue and as parcher said........the advertised jobs are mostly filled.

jobs are easier to secure if you know people......if you are bribing people in china, it is because you are not connected.
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-1 23:07:27 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2014-12-30 07:43
i totaly dislike it      here in CN many family-members or relatives are "protected" by their superi ...

happens in UK .......I'm sure happens in Germany as it happens everywhere in Europe. US? They invented pork barrel didn't they?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-1 23:15:38 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2015-1-1 23:07
happens in UK .......I'm sure happens in Germany as it happens everywhere in Europe. US? They inve ...

may happen in GER, but far NOT in that percentage as it is here in CN
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.