Author: Judith.

A Good Argument In Defense of Ethnic Intelligence Differences   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-3-13 09:18:23 |Display all floors
Phonex Post time: 2017-3-12 22:54
No one smarter than no one else.

Did you know that Steve Jobs -- the late founder of Apple -- is the son of a Syrian immigrant while Carlos Slim Helu -- the Mexican founder of America Movil and the richest man in Latin America -- is the son of Lebanese immigrants? They're both Arabs by ethnicity but that didn't prevent them from founding two of the largest companies in North America!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-3-13 20:04:09 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-3-13 09:18
Did you know that Steve Jobs -- the late founder of Apple -- is the son of a Syrian immigrant whil ...

What have you got against Arabs? There isn't a great difference between Arabs and Germans. Certainly not a racial one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-13 20:04:57 |Display all floors
Duckburg Post time: 2014-12-4 17:29
We are what we are.

We are what went inside our stomachs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-13 20:07:06 |Display all floors
Phonex Post time: 2017-3-12 22:54
No one smarter than no one else.

To further rebut the OP's thesis on genetic determinism, I cite both the Ashkenazim and the Hasidim who share the same genetic/ethnic/religious background but differ VASTLY in their socio-economic profiles. The Ashkenazim are known for their high socio-economic status, enabled by their high educational attainments and visible financial/material success. But the same can't be said of the Hasidim who are known for their low socio-economic status, large families and their socio-cultural isolation from mainstream society. Just because the Hasidim are poor doesn't mean they're stupid. After all, making money is simply not important to them nor is gaining acceptance to white society. The Ashkenazim, on the other hand, are known for their financial success and their willingness to do ANYTHING to gain acceptance to white society.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-13 20:12:03 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-3-13 20:04
What have you got against Arabs? There isn't a great difference between Arabs and Germans. Certain ...

I cited both cases as counter-arguments to the racist idea being promoted that Arabs are somehow racially inferior just because millions of Arabs refugees have fled from their war-torn countries.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-13 20:15:13 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-3-13 20:12
I cited both cases as counter-arguments to the racist idea being promoted that Arabs are somehow r ...

I see.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-14 06:30:43 |Display all floors
Variations of intelligence by race don't matter because individual variations within race are so great. It's not a big deal in any practical way. Just another chance to argue.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.