Author: voice_cd

Questions to ask English experts from Chinese learners (Round 25)   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-10-30 14:29:59 |Display all floors
Digital is said the number of words. Is numerical data, that is, we through the observation and experiment or calculated results. Statistics is a geographical area natural economy scale, characteristics, factors indicators such as structure, the level of data. Is the basis of the qualitative, positioning and quantitative statistical analysis of data.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-30 14:32:43 |Display all floors
Q4:.mother

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-30 14:36:58 |Display all floors
Q5:The key is to clean hair, comb my hair every day 50-100, actually is to massage the scalp, hair conditioner and essence can use interval.

Use magic tools Report

2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2014-10-30 16:27:42 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2014-10-30 12:28
Ma'am, please go read the report.

Here's the snippet.

I respectfully disagree. Kody Brown is legally married to only one woman, i.e.: there is only one marriage license issued to Mr. Brown. The rest of the wives live in a state of cohabitation with no legal marriage decree issued.
Utah's state criminal code had a ban on bigamy/polygamy as identified by cohabitations, not just legal unions certified by license. That is the part that was ratified. One can now cohabitate with as many as one wants and as long as there is no abuse, there will be no trouble with the law.
Polygyny is identified as a person with multiple LEGAL unions, meaning that a marriage license has been issued for each marriage. Utah's law states that only one marriage license can be issued to any one person at any one time, thus making polygyny illegal.
I hope this helps.
The journey IS the destination!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-30 17:24:08 |Display all floors
This post was edited by incarnationabc at 2014-10-30 20:19
teamkrejados Post time: 2014-10-30 16:27
I respectfully disagree. Kody Brown is legally married to only one woman, i.e.: there is only one  ...

Thank you for your input, Ma'am.

With all due respect, I'm afraid we just compare notes instead of helping me out. I wouldn't ask for or accept condescending help from anyone. Besides that, personally I think that was little helpful to me.

Though people don't get the marriage license from the state, the marriage of Brown is de facto polygamyvirtually sanctioned by the court of Utah.

Brown calls the four women who live with him wives, as you RESPECTFULLY addressed them "wives" too in latest post of yours. At least Bill Clinton never called Monica Lewinsky his second wife.

There are more than 40,000 people in Utah who involve in polygamy.

Here is  the summary about the laws in different US states. Brown has not been punished at all. On the contrary, he got his mental damage compensation ruled by the court as well.

******** from Wikipedia******
Bigamy is the act or condition of a person marrying another person while still being lawfully married to another spouse. It is illegal in the United States. The crime is punishable by a fine, imprisonment, or both, according to the law of the individual state and the circumstances of the offense.

Many US courts (e.g. Turner v. S., 212 Miss. 590, 55 So.2d 228) treat bigamy as a strict liability crime: in some jurisdictions a person can be convicted of a felony even if reasonably certain there was only one legal spouse. For example, if a person has the mistaken belief that their previous spouse is dead or that their divorce is final, they can still be convicted of bigamy if they marry a new person.

Let me end this post of mine with "have a good one" instead of "hope this helps".

There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-30 17:33:47 |Display all floors
This post was edited by incarnationabc at 2014-10-30 17:39
I respectfully disagree. Kody Brown is legally married to only one woman, i.e.: there is only one  ...

What can we expect more from the court and Americans who have recognised? It isn't illegal to address the other three women wives.

I respectfully disagree. Kody Brown is legally married to only one woman, i.e.: there is only one marriage license issued to Mr. Brown. The rest of the wives live in a state of cohabitation with no legal marriage decree issued.

Thank you for virtually corroborating the opinion of my previous post about the addressing for first wife, second wife, third wife in Utah.
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

2014 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2014-10-30 20:20:26 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2014-10-30 17:33
What can we expect more from the court and Americans who have recognised? It isn't illegal to addr ...

Well, seeing as you want to split hairs about it...
Mr Brown has only one LEGAL wife, as recognized under the law by virtue of a marriage certificate.
The other women whom he, the show, you (and I, for practical purposes) refer to as 'wives' are cohabitants with no legal benefits of marriage.  
The State of Utah will not issue a second marriage license to a person already holding a current one, nor any other state in the United States, thus making it clear that plural marriages are not legal in that country.
However, plural unions, such as Mr. Brown's, are (in Utah. In other states it is still illegal). That distinction was the basis for the compensation he got.  
The journey IS the destination!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.