Author: VivianLL

How do you live green?     [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-9-3 11:22:43 |Display all floors
Halove Post time: 2014-9-3 11:22
哈哈哈哈哈哈哈

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2014-9-3 19:28:58 |Display all floors
Where to start.

I recycle everything possible.
I use reusable shopping bags
I have compost bin
I grow my own fruit and vegetables where possible
I have done all I can (for a reasonable price) to increase the efficiency of the home in terms of insulation.
I use the latest air-conditioning technology
My garden uses drip feed irrigation to save water.
The shower and taps are all low water use units capped at 9 Litres a minute.
Where possible I have fitted override switching to power boards to allow for them to be turned off completely (a lot of power points are difficult to get at).
I drive a diesel powered vehicle that's quite light on fuel and keep it properly serviced to lower the emissions of soot etc.
I try where possible to avoid products with excessive packaging.

Finally, I drive slower than the country speed limit, this one change saves upwards of 20% in fuel in my vehicle.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-3 20:24:39 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-9-3 09:43
Please explain which point made by mixamixa was incorrect, everything they said seems correct to m ...

Please explain where did I say that poster was wrong. I said it has to be terrible to live somewhere you feel so bad about.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-3 22:09:26 |Display all floors
I save rain water for watering my garden, compost all my fruit and vegetable peelings, dead leaves  and grass cuttings too.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-3 22:15:44 |Display all floors
I harvest rain water,  water from my washing machine is saved for  washing the floor and drains, I compost all fruit, vegetable and grass peels and cuttings.  I use vinegar and baking soda to wash a lot of things instead of those fancy  bottled stuff you get from the supermarket.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-3 22:40:21 |Display all floors
I harvest rain water for watering my garden and washing my car, water from my washing machine is used for washing the floors and drains, I compost all my fruit and vegetable peelings as well as dead leaves and grass cuttings. I use vinegar and sodium bicarbonate with water to clean a lot of things instead of buying specially fragrant  bottled cleansers for different places in the house.  I use screw pine leaves from my garden for  all my drawers and cupboards as they deter insects and leaves a very natural smell.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-4 03:37:02 |Display all floors
J.E.Overington Post time: 2014-9-3 09:15
In the beginning, rely on public transit and walking, water conservation including hand washing clot ...

Every first world nation has a declining birth rate.  1.89 births per woman in the USA.  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.