Author: sunnylin01

What do you like the most about China?     [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-30 06:56:20 |Display all floors
Hi Sunny!

My love for China goes back to when I was about 14 years old. There was a very small (maybe four tables) Chinese restaurant in my home town that was owned and operated by an elderly couple. They were very nice people, very kind and very friendly. The wife was blind. Her husband did everything in the restaurant himself.

I respected the elderly gentleman for his hard work and his love for his wife, and as I grew to know them better I gained a respect for Chinese culture and for the Chinese people.

The things I love about China now are the language, the culture, and the people. You have a remarkable culture and history. Your language is rich and expressive, your culture is fascinating, and your people, on average, are friendly and kind (at least in my experience from over a dozen trips to China).
妇女能顶半边天
-- 毛泽东

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-30 06:59:03 |Display all floors
craig32935 Post time: 2014-7-29 13:01
I definitely like China's one party system of government better. Everyone is on the same page and th ...

I think according to the UN Singapore is _the_ safest country, but I certainly agree with your assessment that China is safe. I've been out in the middle of Guangzhou at all hours of the night and never once felt even the slightest bit threatened.
妇女能顶半边天
-- 毛泽东

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-30 13:13:52 |Display all floors
Extensive and profound culture ,food is delicious,too .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-30 14:02:18 |Display all floors
I like chian because it large and culture.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2014-7-30 16:35:47 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ratfink at 2014-7-30 16:36

I have been a Sinophile since I was a small child, aged 4 to be exact. That was when I was first exposed to Chinese culture in the form of Singapore and Hong Kong, and from day one I was hooked.  It leaves me feeling at ease and at home, something I truly cannot say about most of the west.  

Many Chinese ask me why I like China so much and I honestly can't give a single specific reason, it's partly due to the history, in part cultural, food and the magnificent scenery, in part the changing nature of China's society and there's many other reasons, it's a whole package for me.   In the past 20 years I have hosted many Chinese students at my house, for periods ranging from a few weeks to many years.  Mostly they have been female, almost all at university and with the exception of two women all have been cultured, honest and wonderful people.  Most of my friends are Chinese and of those who aren't most of the remaining are S/E Asian.  

Unlike some forumites I don't see China through rose coloured glasses. I recognise that the country has faces massive problems and that solutions need to be found and found fast for the most pressing issues, namely the environment, health care, pollution and food safety as well as producing a fairer and more balanced distribution of wealth.  Problems that also face almost every country in the world.  

Do I love China? Yes there is much to be loved, there are also things I dislike intensely. Overall though I like far more than I dislike and unlike some here I don't harp on and whinge about the things I dislike.

Way too many of the detractors fail to remember just how far China has come in a very short period of time.  What I see at present is a nation in transition, a transition that is not smooth but stop and start, where change is happening and it's not perfect by any means.  However things will get sorted out eventually. I just hope that the price to the ecology of China isn't too high, resulting in long term permanent damage to the land.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-30 20:42:46 |Display all floors
it's natural scenery,delicious food,kind people and etc.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-31 01:11:38 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.