Author: sunnylin01

What do you like the most about China?     [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Valuable Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-7-29 12:02:43 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2014-7-29 14:03

I like the spirit of the Chinese people in how they go about things - quietly confident about their own abilities, their culture and people. I admire their hardwork, work ethic and belief in themselves (does not always have to be stated and shouted loudly) that they will build up their own country strong and independent. I like their leaders' non-interference in the internal affairs of people who have done them no harm and not shooting off their mouths mudslinging at every opportunity. I like their hospitality and fair mindedness in what I have experienced so far.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-29 16:16:15 |Display all floors
This post was edited by parcher at 2014-7-29 16:22

I like everything about living in china..
except the extreme hot summers....
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-29 19:09:13 |Display all floors
We like China because it's the place we call home and one normally feels good at home. Our children, 2 of them were born here, always ask the same question when we go on vacation anywhere around the world: "When are we going back home?"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-29 21:46:00 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-7-29 18:26
Sorry, the Chinese food is not the object of my undying love. Too many scandals surround it, and  ...

YES, go outside to eat is so dangerous and I only love my mother cook
she can cook different region's feature delicious

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-30 00:38:00 |Display all floors
ancient culture, passionate people

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-30 01:53:12 |Display all floors
Nationalism is not natural, dude, your government invests so much to create a you that loves your country....and loathes Japan...
'Think for your damn selves' - Confucius

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-30 02:01:39 |Display all floors
I definitely like China's one party system of government better. Everyone is on the same page and things just get done. You don't go months, years or even decades of bickering back and forth accomplishing nothing. When the people rise up against something they consider an injustice the government takes notice and often actually remedies the situation.

China does not stick its nose in every other countries business. It does not start wars and attempt regime change. It does not try to be the worlds arrogant police force. So what if you don't have complete freedom of speech or the press. Neither does America. You think it is safe to speak out against the American government? To tell the truth? Reveal the facts?  Just ask Edward Snowden how that worked out for him.

I like that China is a safer country with regard to criminal activities and violent crime. There were over 300 murders in Detroit Michigan in 2013 and that's just one city in one State. There were almost 15,000 murders in the U.S. in 2013. China's murder rate is only about 20% or one fifth of ours with a population of almost 1.4 billion versus less than 320 million for America. China is definitely a safer country. Probably one of the safest if not THE safest country.

Definitely a lot to like about China.
Proud supporter of Blessing Hands Charity.  https://sites.google.com/a/blessing-hands.org/blessing-hands/

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.